Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birth control and weight

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:39 AM
  • 3 Replies

I recently stopped using yaz bec. it made me gain around 4 or 5 lbs.  Anyway, how long does it take for the hormones to get out of your body so I can be normal again?

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
carmensmommy424
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:48 AM

it should take a week or so. my ob told me Bc has no affect on weight gain what so ever and i think she is full of shit for real! ive seen ppl go off bc and lose weight right away but i can never be so lucky:(

MOTHER OF ONE BEAUTIFUL BOY CARMEN JOSEPHtoddler boytreadmillcoffeeboy kissing mom

http://www.cafemom.com/%3Ca%20href=">

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wWcQQKG/weight.png">>

jenC1978
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:59 PM

I know at first i didn't gain but even though I have been eating healthy and exercising, i can't lose anything and I even gain so I said I am going to go off the pill for a few months and see if there is a difference. 

Quoting carmensmommy424:

it should take a week or so. my ob told me Bc has no affect on weight gain what so ever and i think she is full of shit for real! ive seen ppl go off bc and lose weight right away but i can never be so lucky:(

MomOfFour30
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:17 PM

It could take up to a month to get back on track. I had my IUD removed in feb and it took me until march 30 before I even had my first period. I did notice though, after  I had it taken out, i lost 5 lbs....lol 

easter eggMy child rearing, laundry folding, dishes washing, poop wiping, dog feeding, husband following, floor Swiffering, errand running, and tantrum calming does not label for who I am. I am a child of God,here with a purpose, to follow him, love and follow my husband, teach my children, and enlighten the world with my love of the Lord.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)