Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teacup Chihuahua?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:10 PM
  • 24 Replies

HI i am planning on buying a teacup chihuahua today for $200. I live in a pretty small town and a lady was advertising it on cragislist and is actually from the same town as me. she wanted 250 but i got it for 200. Its female and weights 1.5 lbs. now but will get to be about 4. She is good with kids, the woman actually has 5 lol.Up to date on shots. The reason why shes selling her is becuase the mom is pregnant and the 'baby' keeps trying to play rough with her. jumping on her etc.

My question is does anyone have a teacup breed dog? Is there anything i should get/know before getting her?

Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks.

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fcangel9
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:18 PM

i have a chihuahua.  she is the most friendly dog i have ever met.  she weights about 3.5lbs and is a ball of energy.  he loves kids, people other animals.  we socialized her as a baby so she loves meeting new people and licking faces.  just make sure with this breed that you take them around alot of people and let people hold them.  pull on their ears and tail a little to get them used to a kid doing it.  but mine is awesome, she is sitting in my lap as i type this...

Ssgtadkinswife
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:21 PM

CHIHIUAHUAS ARE KNOWN FOR THEIR BLOOD SUGAR DROPPING SO ALWAYS KEEP A TUBE OF CHOCOLATE ICING LAYING AROUND!! YOU CAN TELL BECAUSE THEY ARE USUALLY  VERY ACTIVE SO WHEN YOU SEE THEM LAYING AROUND FOR A LONG PERIOD OF TIME JUST PUT A LITTLE OF IT ON THE TIP OF YOU FINGER AND LET THE PUPPY LICK IT OFF!! I'M SO JEALOUS I WANT A TEACUP CHIHUAHUA!! I GREW UP AROUND THEM ALL THE TIME!!!

love-javier
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:23 PM

this might sound silly, but i thought dogs cant have chocolate?

Quoting Ssgtadkinswife:

CHIHIUAHUAS ARE KNOWN FOR THEIR BLOOD SUGAR DROPPING SO ALWAYS KEEP A TUBE OF CHOCOLATE ICING LAYING AROUND!! YOU CAN TELL BECAUSE THEY ARE USUALLY  VERY ACTIVE SO WHEN YOU SEE THEM LAYING AROUND FOR A LONG PERIOD OF TIME JUST PUT A LITTLE OF IT ON THE TIP OF YOU FINGER AND LET THE PUPPY LICK IT OFF!! I'M SO JEALOUS I WANT A TEACUP CHIHUAHUA!! I GREW UP AROUND THEM ALL THE TIME!!!

lanceandhailey
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:24 PM

Here is mine, kids carry him around and push him in the baby stroller lol he's a cuddler. I also paid $200

When he was a puppy

Him now

2milesboys
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:25 PM

they cant esp chihuahuas, sugar water is suggessed though

Quoting love-javier:

this might sound silly, but i thought dogs cant have chocolate?

Quoting Ssgtadkinswife:

Amybelle
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:27 PM

Here's my little girl, Lily. She's 3 1/2 lbs. Fiesty, Protective and affectionate. Some Chi's bcome very "protective" of "their" people so make sure you socialize her.  P.S. I've never heard to the blood suger thing but HAVE heard chocolate is dangerous to dogs so I'd check with your Vet. abt that.

Lisabrenner
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:28 PM

don't know much about them, but just an FYI, I find Craig's list a little shady sometimes.  If possible, I would tell her you're going to get the dog checked out first and then if it's ok, then give her the money.  or get it in writing t hat you can get your money back.

Trust me.  we got a puppy that way and after 1 day, had to take it to the vet.  THe only place we saw him was there, sick.  he passed away 7 days after we bought him.

We did get our money back.

Good luck and enjoy your new puppy!

canthaveboys1
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:30 PM

I wish I could help but I like big dogs. You can google it, or get on the akc site and get the breed in they will give you just about everything you need. I wouldnt give my dogs chocolate. My vet said its like poison for them. idk even if the dog is not akc the site has a lot of good info to offer and they break it down by breed so it will apply to your specific animal. Good luck! 

love-javier
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:31 PM

Yes i realized that also. I live in a small town in mn though and she would be seeing me haha so i dont think she would pull anything like that but i plan on getting her checked asap when i get her.

Quoting Lisabrenner:

don't know much about them, but just an FYI, I find Craig's list a little shady sometimes.  If possible, I would tell her you're going to get the dog checked out first and then if it's ok, then give her the money.  or get it in writing t hat you can get your money back.

Trust me.  we got a puppy that way and after 1 day, had to take it to the vet.  THe only place we saw him was there, sick.  he passed away 7 days after we bought him.

We did get our money back.

Good luck and enjoy your new puppy!

love-javier
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:32 PM

This iis how she looks, tan and white. short hair. Yours is adoroable too lol. I already got her a little pink bed and stuff.

Quoting lanceandhailey:

Here is mine, kids carry him around and push him in the baby stroller lol he's a cuddler. I also paid $200

When he was a puppy

Him now

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)