Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH vs DS Vent

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:14 PM
  • 2 Replies

I am soooooo angry with my dh it isnt funny!!!! Our son is almost six mths old and is allergic to cats. He was also born breathing too fast and spent two week in the NICU. Well so far when he has been around cats he just gets a little stuffed up and his eyes get red if he is in contact with the fir. So i go to my parents house yesturday and they have a cat but since they knew i was coming they washed and cleaned everything for my ds. Long story short he had a really bad reaction and got a fever of 101, hives, stuffy, red and swollen and so on. So i immediately come home and give him a bath and change his and my clothes. The hives go away but everything else gets worse and he gets a horrible cough and starts puking and refused to eat and isnt peeing.

My dh gets woke up early for work by my ds coughing horribly!!! He gets up and is like damn he sounds like crap. So i continue to tell him the whole issue and he is like that sucks see you later and walks out the door!!! I call him on his cell and told him i was thinking about taking him ot the hospital and he is like he will be fine wait for it to get worse. So i am like how is it going to get worse? Wait till he stops breathing he can barely breathe now.

So he is like do whatever. I call ask a nurse and they told me to try to get him to relax and if the breathing doesnt improve take him to er otherwise wait till dr opens. So i did and called dr asap and they wont see me till 1pm. So i tell him and he has the nerve to tell me while your there have them do his shots and stuff so i dont have to waist my time and go next week!!!! So needless to say i am tired and snapped on him. So he is like well sorry im not the dad of the year!!!!!!!!! Worthless piece of crap. He actually tells me he dont like is ds. But if that was our dd he would be right there for her!!! Grrrrrr.

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
canthaveboys1
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:17 PM

Wow! I would be mad too! That is a real jerk thing to say about your kid! If mine said something like that I would have had to smack him in the back of the head! 

Familytyme
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:31 PM

what do you mean he tells you he don't like ds?  That is really an awful thing to say, of course you would be mad.  It sounds like daddy needs to bond with his son.  I know that is hard for them when they are this young, but to outright say he doesn't like his baby boy?? 

You should also know that they will not give him his shots if he is running a fever or sick, so he is SOL on that.  He will just have to waste his time, and if it were me, I would make him take him all by himself (as long as there aren't any concerns that you need to discuss with the dr).

I am sorry you are dealing with this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)