• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bedwetting

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:16 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hi Ya'll,

My mum asked me if I could throw a question out there for her.

An eleven year old sibling of mine still has a problem with night-time bedwetting. She's been to the doctor for it, possible allergy causes have been looked at, alarm clocks during the night have been used, etc. She's a really deep sleeper.

Have any of you tried any sort of bedwetting program that has been successful? Any ideas I can pass along to her?

Thanks!

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Familytyme
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:23 PM

I have not had to deal with this personally, but I know several moms who have.  What seems to work for them is not letting them have anything to drink 2 hours before going to bed, making sure that they release their bladder completely right before going to sleep, and lots of patience.

love-javier
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:26 PM

I agree. especially with the patience. thats all you really can do. communicate with her also and see if there is any problem. U said you took her to the dr. already so thats done with. I would just say be patient. its not something she will do forever.

Quoting Familytyme:

I have not had to deal with this personally, but I know several moms who have.  What seems to work for them is not letting them have anything to drink 2 hours before going to bed, making sure that they release their bladder completely right before going to sleep, and lots of patience.

jorrensmom
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:29 PM

My sister has my nephew on a medication called BDAVP. He takes 3 pills a day and has been taking it about a month. He is now comlpetely dry at night! Have her check it out on WebMD, lots of info there.

mommytoG
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:33 PM

Have her eat a piece of cheese before going to bed. My had to do that and it worked for her. But also limit how much she drinks before bed

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Group Admin on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:12 PM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

ELEMENTARY MOMMIES
Children's Health Issues

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

> The Cafe Group Admin Team

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)