Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

any idea?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:34 PM
  • 13 Replies

How else to help nausea? I have been eating crackers and sipping on sprite, but still feel like I could throw up at any moment.

HELP!

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jackieibird
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:36 PM

Ginger works and I have heard great things about preggie pops.   You can buy them online or at motherhood maternity.  Don't let yourself get hungry because that is when you start to become sick so eat many small meals and always have a snack available :)

Wife to Kurtiss, mom to four: Nicholas 16, Leanna 15, Christopher 13 and Xavier born 10/3/08 (my little miralce tubal reversal baby).

I am a co-sleeping,  self led wean breastfeeding, no vax, sling wearing and basically never put baby down mama! 

WilliamsMama08
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:36 PM

Ginger Ale, bananas, popsicles (sp), try eating the crackers in bed before getting up.  Staying hydrated helps a lot also.  I ended up having to go the medication route.  Good Luck!

mommytoG
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:46 PM

Yeah. I cant do the meds cause I work all day. I have no problem getting out bed. It just comes and goes all day, and today is awful. I will get me some ginger ale and try that.

Thanks

Familytyme
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:53 PM

Have you tried  these:

Sniff lemons or ginger, drink lemonade, or eat watermelon to relieve nausea

Eat salty potato chips (they have been found to settle stomachs enough to eat a meal)

Try ginger, an alternative remedy thought to settle the stomach and help quell queasiness. See if you can find ginger ale made with real ginger. (Most supermarket ginger ales aren't.) Grate some fresh ginger into hot water to make ginger tea, or see if ginger candies help.

Or Try an acupressure band, a soft cotton wristband that's sold at drugstores. You strap it on so that the plastic button pushes against an acupressure point on the underside of your wrist. This simple and inexpensive device, designed to ward off seasickness, has helped some pregnant women through morning sickness — although research suggests that it may be largely a placebo effect.

mommytoG
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:15 PM

I have tried some of those. I will get that braclet thing next time I go to the store.

Quoting Familytyme:

Have you tried  these:

Sniff lemons or ginger, drink lemonade, or eat watermelon to relieve nausea

Eat salty potato chips (they have been found to settle stomachs enough to eat a meal)

Try ginger, an alternative remedy thought to settle the stomach and help quell queasiness. See if you can find ginger ale made with real ginger. (Most supermarket ginger ales aren't.) Grate some fresh ginger into hot water to make ginger tea, or see if ginger candies help.

Or Try an acupressure band, a soft cotton wristband that's sold at drugstores. You strap it on so that the plastic button pushes against an acupressure point on the underside of your wrist. This simple and inexpensive device, designed to ward off seasickness, has helped some pregnant women through morning sickness — although research suggests that it may be largely a placebo effect.

happytexasCM
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:21 PM

Crystalized Ginger.  It can be found with the spices at Super Target and healthfood store.  I'm sure you could find it online as well.

Just remembered that I bought Ginger Capsules by Now Foods at the health food store.

I also used the wrist bands; didn't cure ms but it helped.  Sometimes I forgot to put them on and in about 15-20min I would start feeling pretty bad.

I always felt much worse with nothing in my stomach.  My second pregnancy MIL made me VERY dry scrambled eggs which I could tolerate. Then I found I could eat cold smoked salmon with cream cheese on Ritz and lived on that for two weeks.

My first pregancy, all I could eat for a couple of weeks was soda and pudding, then I moved on to Chef B'ardee.

dd072175
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:24 PM

I wore Seabands through out my pregnancies, helped a great deal. Its used for motion sickness. Its the same idea as the acupuncture bands.

canthaveboys1
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:25 PM

I had to sit in front of a fan, to get mine to stop.  

mommytoG
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:39 PM

Those are all good idea too. Yeah I  have a little zip up hoodie I wear and then when I feel like I am getting hot I take it off for a little bit, but then I just have to put it back on. Tis crazy how I can go from being hot one minute to freezing the next

Ms.Upinyourface
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:48 PM

You do know the crackers have to be eaten in the bed befor you get up, right? (is that where eating crackers in bed was coined from?)

Also calicum and red clover tea are diet aids for the joy of morning sickness. Not sugar drinks, sorry.

Ginger root cut and simmered in a large amount of water for twenty minutes is how to make the ginger water that may help...

Rub the end of your nose in little circles. yes, you will still be nauseus but you will also have the distraction of consintrating on the feeling on the end of your nose. It sounds silly, but getting through this part of pregancy is all business.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)