Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

any sugguestions

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:01 PM
  • 3 Replies

does anyone who has been robbed while they were at home?  Beaten up and felt helpless to help my nine year old who was also home at the time.  She hid. Thank the lord....:D  How does someone cope with this :  The intruderes were in my home and hiding in the kids bathroom...I heard a noise and went to see what it was,  I saw the intruder standing in the doorwy of the bathroom and I screamed...(my friend who was sitting on the couch in the front room)  I said :OH MY GOD" and the intruder pushed me.  He had on a mask like a skeleton and a hooded sweat shirt...He then punched me in the head with his fist several times and I fell to the floor.  He got on top of me and kept giving me blows to the head.  I was screaming the whole time and and saying please don't hurt me.  I then heard another voice and he said" if you don't make her shut up I am going to come in there and kill her."  The intruder who was on top of me dragged me by my hair to my bathroom and tryied to close the door but could not so he was kicking me ...when he got the door shut I locked it and went out the bathroom window...I had to go to the hospital for injuries to my leg and a concousios.  What I am asking is what more can I do for my daughter who was at home and now is scared to be with me. She feels like I can't protect her.  I have done everything and we also got a home security system.  any sugguestions?  by the way the guy who had my friend down in the front room was arrested but the one who beat me and put duck tape in my hair was not arrested yet but getting close says the detective.

Idaho Korean Mom
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Cafe GroupAdmin
by Group Admin on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:02 PM

wave

Hi Idahokoreanmom

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Children's Health Issues

ELEMENTARY MOMMIES

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

The Cafe Group Admin Team

bellydancer7308
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:11 PM

Wow!  I am so sorry that that happened to you and your daughter.  Have you tried getting both of you some counseling...together or separate.  Or maybe take a self defense class together.  Best of luck to you momma...I hope everything turns out for the best.

mommy_maria
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:15 PM

I am sooo sorry. I agree with the pp about counseling and maybe some self defense classes for you and your daughter. Counseling might help her understand that there wasn't much you could do in that situation. I am soooo glad she was smart enough to hide. It's so sad to hear about little kids trying to protect their parents in situations like that . She is a little older so I am sure that helped but the little little ones, ugh. I watched america's most wanted the other day sorry.

Good call on the  sec system I just got one too. I don't have much advice but I wish you and your family the best of luck!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)