Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

vaccine question..... plain and simple

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:16 PM
  • 23 Replies

So I was reading some other posts looking for a longstanding question that I have and all I could find was anger and fighting. I mean seriously, the world is made up of different people and we shouldn't CRITICIZE them for having opinions other than our own. If they are seeking answers and advice then kindly give it to them, but don't talk shit about other people who do things differently.

With that being said, my daughter is 7 months old, and she has been fully vaccinated to this point. She has no reactions (other than a slight fever of less that 99.5), no problems, hasn't been sick (other than a cold and sniffles NOT related to the vaccine) and is very healthy to this point. I have heard sooooo many reports about a vaccine causing this and that but my daughter has not had any problems with her sessions of shots, So my question is this:

How likely is it that since my daughter has never had any problems with her past vaccines, that she may start to develop problems from them later? And I don't mean "long term" like Autism, I mean an immediate reaction from the vaccines. Since she has never had an issue I was told that she will more than likely not have an issue with the same series of shots, EVER. So I was wondering if there were any vaccinating moms out there who went through multiple vaccinations with no problems, but then later down the line after receiving another one, had a problem with that one? I hope that makes sense. I'm having a hard time piecing my thoughts together today lol.

"Happiness is not the absence of problems, it's the ability to deal with them."

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xoxoAmeyxoxo
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:20 PM

I'm not sure what the chemical makeup of each specific vaccine is, but I am sure that each contains many different *toxins*. Chances are, she could get one later on that has a chemical not in prior vaccines and react. Very possible.

I do know that she could react to the MMR and Flu shot IF she has an egg allergy. You wouldn't know she had the allergy unless it was tested prior or she consumed it. My DD was found to have the allergy through testing at 6 mths and has not had the Flu nor MMR.  

MommyOnLI
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:20 PM

every vaccine is different.. my DS had one reaction to 1 vaccine and that was when he was closer to the 1 year mark.

i honestly cant remeber which one right now.. i have to check his book.

and also.. IMHO vaccines do NOT cause Autism.. and yes my DS is Autistic... :o)

Katee1107
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:22 PM

Well I think I understand what you mean...

Anyways, my one daughter ALWAYS had reactions to shots (fevers etc) nothing bad though. Just a fever for a few days after the shot. The one shot she had reaction to the most is th MMR shot, I think it's a 1 year shot.  She didn't get a fever until 4-6 days after the shot (it's the only shot that can cause a reaction late) It was about 102 and lasted for 3 days.  I know some other kids along w/ the fever can get a rash (mimicing the Measels --its not contagious) That's the only issues i've faced.  I have a 16 month old and 27month old so i've been through a lot of shots. I hope that this helps a little.

Oh and I know this is going to cause controversy but vaccines do not  directly cause autism. I've been doing a lot of research on that.

behappilyever
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:24 PM

thank you for the input. what testing was done that they determined she had an allergy? is that something that is done automactically or has to be requested?

Quoting xoxoAmeyxoxo:

I'm not sure what the chemical makeup of each specific vaccine is, but I am sure that each contains many different *toxins*. Chances are, she could get one later on that has a chemical not in prior vaccines and react. Very possible.

I do know that she could react to the MMR and Flu shot IF she has an egg allergy. You wouldn't know she had the allergy unless it was tested prior or she consumed it. My DD was found to have the allergy through testing at 6 mths and has not had the Flu nor MMR.  

behappilyever
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:25 PM

was it such a bad reaction that caused forever lasting side affects?

Quoting MommyOnLI:

every vaccine is different.. my DS had one reaction to 1 vaccine and that was when he was closer to the 1 year mark.

mommyat37
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:26 PM

The only issue we encountered with the shots was a high fever.

The doctor told us that it does happen on occasion.

Our daughter will be 3 in June is up to date with all her shots and other than her high fever never had and other problems.

Keep in mind though every child is different and that yours may not run the high fever like ours did.

behappilyever
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:26 PM

it wasn't my intention to cause controversy but i see what you mean lol. your input does help, so thank you! i know what to look for :)

Quoting Katee1107:

Well I think I understand what you mean...

Anyways, my one daughter ALWAYS had reactions to shots (fevers etc) nothing bad though. Just a fever for a few days after the shot. The one shot she had reaction to the most is th MMR shot, I think it's a 1 year shot.  She didn't get a fever until 4-6 days after the shot (it's the only shot that can cause a reaction late) It was about 102 and lasted for 3 days.  I know some other kids along w/ the fever can get a rash (mimicing the Measels --its not contagious) That's the only issues i've faced.  I have a 16 month old and 27month old so i've been through a lot of shots. I hope that this helps a little.

Oh and I know this is going to cause controversy but vaccines do not  directly cause autism. I've been doing a lot of research on that.

MommyOnLI
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:27 PM

he just had a 101 fever and a slight rash, but it was nothing big.. by the following day it was gone... if i wasnt feeling so lazy and pregnant i would get his book... but like the PP said as well.. every vaccine contains different *toxins*

i do remember it was one of the live vaccines.

Quoting behappilyever:

Quoting MommyOnLI:

behappilyever
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:30 PM

ok, thanks for the input! congrats on being preggo :)

Quoting MommyOnLI:

he just had a 101 fever and a slight rash, but it was nothing big.. by the following day it was gone... if i wasnt feeling so lazy and pregnant i would get his book... but like the PP said as well.. every vaccine contains different *toxins*

i do remember it was one of the live vaccines.

Quoting behappilyever:

Quoting MommyOnLI:

xoxoAmeyxoxo
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:31 PM

No, it's not routine. DD was having allergic reactions to my BM which including her bowels turning to blood and spitting up blood. (apparently it was so severe it was causing ulcers in her stomach) They did a blood test on her at 4 weeks and confirmed the milk, then a repeat one done at 6 mths showed the egg. Yet another repeat at 18 mths showed a peanut!

Quoting behappilyever:

thank you for the input. what testing was done that they determined she had an allergy? is that something that is done automactically or has to be requested?

Quoting xoxoAmeyxoxo:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)