Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do i have a right to be pissed off?PIOG

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:57 PM
  • 23 Replies

i live with my parents we dont pay any bills ecept the internet and groceries, thats the agreement we made and we are expected to help keep the house clean which is common sence right? well here is the issue, for a few months now i swear our food has been dissappearing, hubby told me he thought it was and i blew him off i thought he was crazy then like a month ago my daughter told me she saw my bil stick a pack of pork chops up his shirt and go out the backdoor, i started to get very suspisious and started count the food(litterally i would)we started buying the food for certain days,last week i knew we had enough for the rest of the week, and on tuesday i made fajitas when i got them out the deep freeze we had 2 packs of pork chops and 2 tpacks of chicken drumsticks. i made porck chops wendneday and thursday my dad wanted homeade chicken sandwiches i went to get the chicken and there was none! both packs gone! and only one pork (i cooked the other one)we ended up making the porck chops, i sat down with my parents and explained our suspisions and my mom told me that a week or so ago she caught my bil by the back door(inside) talking to my sis(outside) she asked him playing around what are you doing? he said oh nothing, she needed something. everyone was here that day because we had a bbq for my dd 11th birthday.if they need food ok i understand but DONT STEAL IT ASK! we barely get by and they are going to steal what lilwe do have WTF? i get food stamps, why cant they? i want to confront my sis but dont want to cause drama! im confused!

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
orange4agua72
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:00 PM

I think you and your parents should sit her down and talk to them about it!!!! I would be pissed, but just not saying anything is NOT going to make it any better!!!

For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. Psalm 139:13-14

momof3atx
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:04 PM

i think we are going to have to do that i havent said anything before because i didnt want them made at my dd but now tha my mom has seen it and we KNOW whats going on i guess its time for a family meeting

Quoting orange4agua72:

I think you and your parents should sit her down and talk to them about it!!!! I would be pissed, but just not saying anything is NOT going to make it any better!!!

canthaveboys1
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:05 PM

I would say yes you have the right to be mad. I would calmly ask, and get to the bottom of it.  

rockinmomto2
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:06 PM

You all need to sit down with your BIL and talk to him about it. If they're not living with you all in that house, they shouldn't even have keys to get in. And if they're that hard up for money, print them out an application for food stamps, or go with them to apply for it. Now, honestly, the first thing that jumped into my mind is that your BIL is trying to mess with you. Like he's trying to piss you off by stealing your food. I dunno, maybe that's just me. But either way, you guys need to have a SERIOUS talk with him. 

momof3atx
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:07 PM

thanks my dad told me just let it go cause its going to stir up drama, i think they stirred it up allready.........

Quoting canthaveboys1:

I would say yes you have the right to be mad. I would calmly ask, and get to the bottom of it.  

momof3atx
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:10 PM

we have noticed food dissappering for awhile now but i thought maybe we cooked it and didnt realize it cause when i 1st noticed it we had just got our taxes and we went to a meat market, we spent like 5oo in food we filled up the deep freeze and it seemed like the food went fast,i had went to my sis house one day around dinner time she had made roast and later i noticed we had a roast missing and a whole freaking bag of potaoes, 

Quoting rockinmomto2:

You all need to sit down with your BIL and talk to him about it. If they're not living with you all in that house, they shouldn't even have keys to get in. And if they're that hard up for money, print them out an application for food stamps, or go with them to apply for it. Now, honestly, the first thing that jumped into my mind is that your BIL is trying to mess with you. Like he's trying to piss you off by stealing your food. I dunno, maybe that's just me. But either way, you guys need to have a SERIOUS talk with him. 

shoegirl01
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:10 PM

Ok, I hope you don't take this personally....

But, I have a family member living with me for the last 6 months who has offered no support.  From this prespective, I think that A) THEY SHOULDN"T be stealing food, however, B) You should offer to buy extras for them, in fact, don't even offer, just show up with a few extras from the store.  I have never taken anything from the family member who has lived with me, but, I have used a cup of sugger, or a cup of milk here and there.  I would be thrilled if he offered to help out in any little way. 

THat is my prespective.  I don't know if that is the situation that your going through, but there you are :)

Good luck with everything!

Having a bad day?  Come vent here WITHOUT the drama of the other groups!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/momsventing

momof3atx
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:14 PM

that wouldnt bother me, what does is the fact they are taking main courses and not asking, they know we struggle here and sometimes live check to check, like right now we have enough meat to get us by til friday if they took something now we would have to figure out what to do for that one day, i have offered to buy them stuff nad they say no were good,

Quoting shoegirl01:

But, I have a family member living with me for the last 6 months who has offered no support.  From this prespective, I think that A) THEY SHOULDN"T be stealing food, however, B) You should offer to buy extras for them, in fact, don't even offer, just show up with a few extras from the store.  I have never taken anything from the family member who has lived with me, but, I have used a cup of sugger, or a cup of milk here and there.  I would be thrilled if he offered to help out in any little way. 

THat is my prespective.  I don't know if that is the situation that your going through, but there you are :)

rockinmomto2
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:17 PM

Well, if you had read what she said, her sis and BIL don't live with her and her parents. They have their own place. They are going into their fridge (where they buy food for her, her family, and her parents) and stealing the food that was bought, and taking it to THEIR house. They're not taking food and cooking it for the family. They're stealing it for themselves.

Quoting shoegirl01:

ChristiMom2
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:18 PM

Make an "inventory" list of all the food you buy. Put that list on the fridge or somewhere visible and note what meals you will be preparing on what days with each item you bought. 

Then take a sharpie and write your name on everything that is yours.

If they can see you have planned meals and notice that your food is missing, it might stop on its own.

If it doesn't stop, time to come to a new financial arrangement.

moms rock

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)