• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:30 PM
  • 4 Replies

he is BMing in hs underwear and is 3. he had quit doing it for a long time now he does it in his underwer and don't even care. I took away his movie and he is sitting on the potty then he is going to take a nap. I am wishing he would just quit having accidents and be a big boy like he has these past few months.

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
xoxoAmeyxoxo
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:40 PM

Taking things away and making him sit on the toilet are equating using the restroom with punishment.

Familytyme
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:43 PM

She is right.  My nephew had a prblem with this off and on until he was 11 years old.  My sister did everything she could think of, even took him to see a therapist.  It turned out he just didn't want to go to the bathroom.  Finally the last time it happened, she made him clean out his undie by hand in the sink.  He never did it again. lol

boyx3
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:44 PM

I agree with the pp.  We used a reward system, everytime he went on the potty he got a reward.  We also told him that if he wasnt comfortable on the toilet that he could have a pull up. When he asked for the pull up i would run him to the potty and ask him if he wanted to try that first. Sometimes he did, sometimes he didnt.

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Group Admin on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:10 PM

wave

Hi momwithtrouble

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Toddler Moms

All about Toddlers

The Potty Training Moms Support ...

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

\\ The Cafe Group Admin Team

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)