• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

separation Anxiety is at it's peak!!!!!! HELP>>>>>>>>

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:30 PM
  • 6 Replies

My son is going to be 9 months on the 11th and lately he wont let anyone hold him if i am in sight or hearing distance. If i try to put him down he will cry. It used to be cute that he wants me that much but now i am having a hard time getting stuff done...when he takes naps i find myself taking a nap! He is wearing me down! What do you all do to help calm them down? He has been wanting only me for a while but over the last week or so it has been getting really ridiculous! he used to play by himself for a while but now he wont even do that... i mean right now i don't really want to make him cry it out because he has an ear infection and will be getting tubes in at the end of this month...i just need advice or suggestions...thanks

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Ssgtadkinswife
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:32 PM

HERE'S A BUMP!!!

8firsttimemom8
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:46 PM

bump

ELFs_Mommy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:49 PM

When my DD was at that stage, I either put her in the baby carrier and wore her (which killed my back) or I put her in her exersaucer and moved it to wherever I need to get work done.  I had no choice but to let her cry it out, because otherwise, nothing would have gotten done. 

bellydancer7308
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:50 PM

I don't really have an answer for the long term, but if he is ok while you're not around maybe have grandma or daddy take him out for a bit so you can get some things done or just take some "me time".  Good luck momma!

MCEmommy
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:52 PM

My daughter was like this...and there is no easy was to do this...It can pass but what my problem was is that she was never around anyone but me so I started to leave her with other people even if it was for just 30 min or an hour. He needs to know that when you leave you come back. I hope this helps...PM me if you have questions

jnick82
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:52 PM

Part of it could be the ear infection. I don't know what to tell you except let him cry ar you may never get anything done and hopefully it will get better after the tubes are in

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)