Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Swimming

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:34 PM
  • 5 Replies

I'm considering getting DD a wading pool for Easter...but I don't know what happened in the last 20 years that wading pools have changed into inflatable amusement parks.

Why doesn't anyone carry the classic hard plastic pool like I had as a kid?  I would just think it's the best kind because you can't pop it.  Was there some safety hazard, or was it because of the "inconvenience" of not being able to fold it up and put it away?

Anyway, we don't need a roller coaster with a bubble machine that teaches my child how to read and bake cookies while she's splashing in the water.  We need something sturdy, that won't be affected if I goof and accidently set it on a stray twig, but that's still fun for a 15 month old....and her mom.

Any suggestions?

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
girls4meandhim
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:35 PM

walmart sells the blue hard plastic pools.

Melanie  stork

MrsAlmeda
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:37 PM

unfortunately, our walmart hasn't whipped them out yet, and Easter is this Sunday.

Quoting girls4meandhim:

walmart sells the blue hard plastic pools.

Dance13
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:41 PM

Did you try Toys R Us? I saw them somewhere this past week but I can't remember where.. Maybe it was Target. you could try there too.

LaNette000
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:50 PM

My dd's friend is already asking us when we're getting our pool ready. I still think it's a bit early yet. Still very cool here, and I am in Louisiana. 

steffielou_who
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:13 PM

Our Wal-Mart sells them but hasn't put them out yet either...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)