Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't get out

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:10 PM
  • 11 Replies

I am in such a funk.  I can't seem to get out of it and I don't know what to do.  I don't have many friends to talk to.  Everything my boyfriend says aggravates me, my finances keep getting worse, I feel like every time I turn around I have to shell out more money for my kids, my boyfriends son (14) just this week is living with us full time he's a good kid but someone else I have to take care of, I never feel like I can do or say anything right, I always get you had a tone in your voice.  Don't you get that I'm crabby, instead of getting mad at me how about trying to be understanding.  I just don't know what to do anymore, I feel like running away.

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
perfectmom20
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:14 PM

HUGS!! i think taking care of a kid thats not yours is really hard & stressful b/c you dont feel like its your responsibilty(and it really not) Talk to your boyfriend & take a break! 

ChristiMom2
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:15 PM

These are also signs of depression. Have you talked to a counselor or doctor about it?

moms rock

Ssgtadkinswife
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:16 PM

I'M SO SORRY MAMA YOUR GOING THROUGH THIS!! BUT, MAYBE YOU NEED TO SIT YOU BOYFRIEND DOWN AND EXPLAIN TO HIM HOW YOU FEEL! GL

babychance24

I've been feeling the same way for some months now. Just know your not alone!

loralynn

Quoting ChristiMom2:

These are also signs of depression. Have you talked to a counselor or doctor about it?

That's what I'm thinking, I don't have insurance right now and can't really afford it.

canthaveboys1
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:17 PM

I hear you loud and clear!!! I have 4 kids and a bf that may as well be in the kid category too. I get so sick of people everytime I get the mail there are bills, my family is so unappreciative of what I actually do do in and around the house, but yet mom I need, mom I need, mom can you, mom where is, mom why not. If its not them its him. I could just stop and I have thought about it but than we would be living chest deep in garbage, dirty clothes, animal fur, and dirty dishes. Just when I think I am cought up, ha ha wishful thinking. So you are not alone!!!!!!!!!!! 

loralynn
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:18 PM

Quoting Ssgtadkinswife:

I'M SO SORRY MAMA YOUR GOING THROUGH THIS!! BUT, MAYBE YOU NEED TO SIT YOU BOYFRIEND DOWN AND EXPLAIN TO HIM HOW YOU FEEL! GL

I have but I think he's getting sick of hearing it.  I just need to get it off my chest, what I wrote is just the tip of the iceburg.  I'M just overwhelmed and stressed

Cristina924
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:18 PM

I say the same thing to my husband about my attitude.  I don't throw a fit about the numerous times a day I get an attitude from you- so lay off!

Sometimes men can be so oblivious to the woman in their lives.  Hang in there girly.  Just remember, one day they will finally be taking care of themselves (hopefully! lol).

Ssgtadkinswife
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:30 PM

I'M SORRY!! IF YOU EVER NEED TO TALK JUST MESSAGE ME!!

Quoting loralynn:

Quoting Ssgtadkinswife:

I have but I think he's getting sick of hearing it.  I just need to get it off my chest, what I wrote is just the tip of the iceburg.  I'M just overwhelmed and stressed

Ms.Upinyourface
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:39 PM

Check if there is a county mental health clinic where you maybe able to have a screening for depressive illness. Call a toll free line and talk to someone about how you are feeling.

What do you want to do with your life that you are not doing now? Can you make time for something that you want IN your life that will be your vehichle to reunite with that vitality? The other thing is maybe you are having a medical issue that the depression feeling is steming from.

How is it that your boyfriends childs finacial support issues are falling on you, exactly? What about the child support from the mother, and his other family memebers? Why is your boyfriends childs needs your responcibility on the finacial level. They are living with you and they are paying rent and contributing to the exspenses of the home, or you are living in his home and paying for things that support that home and these are sometimes what the boyfriends teen needs? Or you are sharing a rental and paying for your childrens part and also his childs part?

So what about getting out of there for a minute? Why not take a vacation. Go somewhere visit someone.

How did taking care of a mans child take the place of paying for your need for health care?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)