Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is up with children's movies????????

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:37 PM
  • 11 Replies

My dd and niece were watching the movie "The cat in the hat" and when he cut off his tail he Yelled " SON OF A BII*%*" They bleeped it but he had 1/2 of it out already.  How is that supposed to be in a child's movie?  I hate crap like that.  I can't protect her from everything I know that but it is messed up that a kid can't watch a movie like that without language. 

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommytoG
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:40 PM

Guess I missed that part. Thats the one with the real people right?

canthaveboys1
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:41 PM

Quoting mommytoG:

Guess I missed that part. Thats the one with the real people right?

That is what I was thinking.

Dimples04
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:42 PM

Yeah, it has the people dressed up.  It is right after the dad or whoever it is starts sneezing and the cat is on the ceiling.  THey start cooking and the cat chops off his tail.

POOKA123
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:43 PM

yeah well if she watches spongebob square, listen to how many time he make reference to his butt, i hate it, all of those carton and movie have some kind of reference to a body part, and to me Darn is a swear, for a 2 yr old

POOKA123
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:44 PM

Quoting Dimples04:

Yeah, it has the people dressed up.  It is right after the dad or whoever it is starts sneezing and the cat is on the ceiling.  THey start cooking and the cat chops off his tail.

yeah i seen that part

samanthashake
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:44 PM

I remember that in the movie, I have it to. It isn't that good to have in a kids movie, especially a dr. suess one that ofcoarse little kids are going to see because a lot of little kids like those books.I guess they just put it in there for the parents or something.. If they're young enough I doubt they'll know what it means. Pretty much you just have to teach your kids what is and isn't right to say if they hear it. at some point everyone cusses, but the earlier you tell them that it's not okay to do it then they'll know that and won't do it. I never cussed when I was younger and I heard my parents cuss all the time when they were yelling at eachother like every day.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
emilysmom8
by Dawn on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:47 PM

I thought that movie was rated PG-13? WOuldn't that say that the movie wasn't one for little kids to watch? 

Dimples04
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:49 PM

Mine doesnt' get to watch sponge bob because of that junk. 

Quoting POOKA123:

yeah well if she watches spongebob square, listen to how many time he make reference to his butt, i hate it, all of those carton and movie have some kind of reference to a body part, and to me Darn is a swear, for a 2 yr old

peytonsmommy44
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:50 PM

If you have watched any of the movies that have been released lately, they all have adult inuendos that are inappropriate for children. But I guess the kids don't really know what the characters are talking about. Watch Madagascar 2, they are constantly making adult conversation. Crazy.

Dimples04
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:51 PM

I didnt' have it on, my mother had it on and my niece was watching it when we got here.  I just sat down with them thinking that it was ok and then they cam off with that crap.

Quoting emilysmom8:

I thought that movie was rated PG-13? WOuldn't that say that the movie wasn't one for little kids to watch? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)