• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddler schedule

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:24 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hey Mama's!  Just curious what your toddler's schedule is like?  I have a 17 month old DD and I have a good schedule with her, but every night about 7:30 I give her a snack(we have dinner between 530 and 6 usually).  Does anyone else do a snack at night?  Do you think this is a bad habit?  Should I try to cut out the snack all together?  What do you do?   BTW her bed time is 9. Thanks!

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
justinejoy
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:29 PM

The latest parenting book I read- (How to get the best from your child, by Jo Frost) said that a snack before bed time is okay, especially if you eat dinner on an early schedule, like you do. 

The only thing she said, was to make sure it was a healthy snack :)

Justine butterfly on head  

LoriAnn87
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:50 PM

My son is 16 months old and he usually eats around 4:00 and he goes to bed at 7:30 I always give him a snack and milk before he goes to bed.

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Group Admin on Apr. 9, 2009 at 2:39 PM

wave

Hi kandibaby1030

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Toddler Moms

All about Toddlers

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

\\ The Cafe Group Admin Team

Lisabrenner
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 3:10 PM

I think a snack is OK.  as long as it's a healthy one.  I used to do it for my 2year old, but he's kind of outgrown it now. 

He would get some apple slices or a slice of cheese, something like that with either milk or water.

Julie522
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 3:46 PM

that's the exact same schedule my toddler has.  5;30-6 dinner around 7-730 a little snack and some milk 9 bed time.  My little guy is a picky eater so I try to fit a lot of snack time in since he just eats a small amount of food each meal

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)