Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need help!!!!!! Who did you use?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:45 PM
  • 7 Replies

I finally got the last document needed to do my taxes.   Now, I am trying to find a well known and trust worthy site to file with.   I usually go through turbo tax.   Last year we went to H&R block.   They were a rip off.   When we used turbo tax we used to pay $29.   Now they want to charge $49.   WTH?   So I am wondering who you used for your taxes.   I hate having someone else do them because they cost too much.   I am looking for a safe, reliable site that will not cost most of my tax return.   Any suggestions?

Sorry if this post seems like a jumbled mess. I have been crunching #s and getting paper work ready all day, and I cant really think about anything else. Hopefully this post makes sense,lol.

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
crazybreezy
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:48 PM

we went to Ronni Deutch.  they are the only ones we trust. i hate H & R block

Photobucket
LoveMyBugs
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:49 PM

We used H&R Block so... sorry, no help here. I thought they were worth it for the price we paid them (roughly$250)... They guarantee if you are audited they will pay for any errors so I am worry free, lol.

AJSMOMMY0508
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:49 PM

You may not want to go with a private CPA but seriously they are the best way to go for your money.  Programs are not always reliable and you can be audited among other things.  Private CPA's are much better at finding missed deductions as well as fixing any other problems you may have.  You just can't get that from a program.  H&R Block is one of the worst possible places to go to get your taxes done.  I would try going with a CPA in a private practice.  They aren't as costly as you think if your tax return is straight forward. 

I'm a single, vaxing, non co-sleeping, non-CIO, whatever works kind of mom.  I have my opinions and I defend them.  Don't like it too bad, I change for no one.

blowpop_52
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:14 PM

in almost every area, at the senior center or libary they offer FREE tax help. its sponcered by aarp and htye are usually people who have worked doing taxes before that voulenteer their time to help out others who cannot afford it or who dont really know how. thats where i have gone for the last 4 years. good luck!

3timesoccermom
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:17 PM

I just wanted to let you know that your tax prep fee is deductible next year so even if you go to a private CPA where the fee is higher you still get to deduct it. 

ChristiMom2
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:17 PM

I filed using the free version of H&R Block. Most well-known tax agencies like Turbo Tax and H&R Block have a free version.

You can also go to the IRS website and click on e-file. They will guide you to free sites from reputable companies you can use.

moms rock

MomOfFour30
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:42 PM

We have used taxact.com for the past three years and I love them..its totally free and a very user friendly sight!!

easter eggMy child rearing, laundry folding, dishes washing, poop wiping, dog feeding, husband following, floor Swiffering, errand running, and tantrum calming does not label for who I am. I am a child of God,here with a purpose, to follow him, love and follow my husband, teach my children, and enlighten the world with my love of the Lord.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)