Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question for Grandma's ... or anybody else ?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:48 PM
  • 9 Replies

How can i get through to my mil in a nice way that ... That her coming to town and seeing all the other grandkids and great grandchild but not even call to let us know .. So she could see my kids ... She hasnt seen my kids since Christmas ...

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ECMOM970
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:52 PM

She doesn;t want to see your kids?

tweetyfan
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:53 PM

Quoting ECMOM970:

She doesn;t want to see your kids?

I dont know she has been in town at least 3 times since Christmas and spends more time with her great grandchild .. And sees the other kids ..

AJSMOMMY0508
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:56 PM

That's tough.  Maybe she doesn't feel like she would be welcome?  I would try talking to her and saying that it hurts that she doesn't take the time to spend with your kids.  Do your kids ask about seeing her?  If so you should mention that too. 

I'm a single, vaxing, non co-sleeping, non-CIO, whatever works kind of mom.  I have my opinions and I defend them.  Don't like it too bad, I change for no one.

ChristiMom2
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:56 PM

I would politely call and ask her if you or your children have done something to offend her. If so, she should tell you so you can get past it. If she says no, then tell her how you feel. Don't make it sound as though you feel she is giving you the cold shoulder, but point out that she has visited 3 times without calling you to let you know and your kids miss her.

moms rock

tweetyfan
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:57 PM

Quoting AJSMOMMY0508:

That's tough.  Maybe she doesn't feel like she would be welcome?  I would try talking to her and saying that it hurts that she doesn't take the time to spend with your kids.  Do your kids ask about seeing her?  If so you should mention that too. 

No my older kids gave up many years ago ... She has in the past kept all the grandkids for a week except mine ...

Schleetle
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:59 PM

I'd call, and ask how shes been all that small talk then tell her the kids have mentioned that they missed her lately, and would really enjoy spending more time with her. I wouldn't bring up anything about her only spending time with the other kids because that just sets her up to be defensive. My in-laws are the same way, but even when my kids ask she always says "Next time"...

Pregnancy Ticker

lovemycorbin
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:01 PM

My in-laws have done the same thing to us. DH brother lived (until a week ago) only 15 minutes away from us and the in-laws would go visit him and his daughter but not come see my DS. Plus when his brothers daughter was born they came to see her all the time. I can count on one hand how many times they have came to see my DS. They probably wont come this way anymore since DH brother moved. I wasn't nice about it, i just make rude comments about it when ever i can. Sorry no help, just had to comment.

tweetyfan
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:04 PM

Quoting lovemycorbin:

My in-laws have done the same thing to us. DH brother lived (until a week ago) only 15 minutes away from us and the in-laws would go visit him and his daughter but not come see my DS. Plus when his brothers daughter was born they came to see her all the time. I can count on one hand how many times they have came to see my DS. They probably wont come this way anymore since DH brother moved. I wasn't nice about it, i just make rude comments about it when ever i can. Sorry no help, just had to comment.

Dont it make you so mad ... My mil has kept all of her grandkids but my 2 at the time for a week .. Didnt even ask them .... By the way at the time there were to step grandkids too .. and she kept them .

mommyat37
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:07 PM

Sounds like my mother in law (Monster).

The only time she sees our daughter is at Holidays or when she has Birthday parties at there home.

She sees her other grand child just about everyday if not every day.

It's really sad when her other grand child gets Batized and we didn't even get an invite.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)