Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how long does it take?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:10 PM
  • 3 Replies

i was wondering if anyone  was on the shot depo for a while? i am currently on the shot and my hubby and i decided that i have taken my last dose, and well see what happens. the doc says it can be the same month the shot wears off or can take 2 years.... how long did it take to get prego after deciding to get off the shot?

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MomToMags
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:13 PM

I didn't get preggo right after getting off the shot, but I wasn't having any sex LOL - what I can say is about 2 months after my shot wore off I started getting my cycle again.  Best of luck! 

moms rock

ChancesMommy07
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:53 PM

I was on it for 5 years before my first child, went off of it and got pregnant 3 months later. I never had a period while I was on depo and it came back a month after I stopped the shots. Now that I am done having kids I'm back on it again!

~Jessica~ Mommy of Two Angels, One in Heaven and One in My Arms

SexyTeacher
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:13 PM

I was on it for over 10 years. When I went off I got my period immediately the next  month and got pregnant 3  months later. The docs told me that it can take up to 18-24 months for fertility to return. It was great  not having my period at all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)