• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 2 year old wont stop cussing!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:14 PM
  • 25 Replies

Please give me advice on how to make my two year old stop saying f*** you.   I have tried everything and nothing works. Most of  time he just gets mad screams it louder. I am open to all suggestions.

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomToMags
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:15 PM

Well ummmm, first of all, make sure he doesn't hear it on a regular basis.  Tell him no, we do not use that word.  Put him in time out.  Pop him on the leg.   Good luck.

moms rock

jajamama
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:16 PM

nothing do absalotley nothing pretend you didnt eaven hear it he loves the fact that that word gets a funny or angry responce from you ignore it and i promise you in a week or two it wil be gone

inwonderland888
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:18 PM

What if you were to try just ignoring it completley. Yeah for awhile you are going to have some emberassing moments w/ her potty mouth.... Just everytime she says it completley and totally ignore it and make sure everyone else does. No giggling, no saying no, no getting mad, no acting shocked, just dont even look at her. When she says other words make sure he gets lots of attention for them! Like if she says momma or daddy always respond w/ "Hey baby!" or if she says dog or cat ect... say somthing like "wow!! Those are big boy words!!"

It seems that most kids continue doing certain things like cussing cause they first time they say it people think its funny then later they get yelled at for it so it always gets them attention one way or another.

Good luck!!

Sorry I was refering to him as a her in the post!! I have a daughter its just automatic. lol tried to fix it all but may have missed a few...  : )

johnnie1218
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:18 PM

I have tried that. It doesnt work. He starts singing it to himself.

Quoting jajamama:

nothing do absalotley nothing pretend you didnt eaven hear it he loves the fact that that word gets a funny or angry responce from you ignore it and i promise you in a week or two it wil be gone

mammak
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:19 PM

well my husband and I stopped cussing around the kids...then we instituted the hot sauce rule. anytime anyone including mommy and daddy say a bad word we get a drop of hot sauce on the tongue.

You put exactly one drop on the tip of the tongue and make them sit with their tongue out for at least 5 second but no more than ten and then give them a cup of milk to drink.

Its been a long time since anyone has cussed. 

treysmama06
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:21 PM

ok my 2 yr old got to where he would say bitch... 

all u have to do is try not to say that word EVER and then ignore it ! I whip my son the other day for saying that and it got worse and so i promise i wouldnt be telling u something that dosent work for me ! when he says it dont even look his way and make sure u let everyone know if he says it not to look his way just act like he never said anything! If that doesnt work... idk  good luck 

MoodyMamma
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:21 PM

Yup. My dd got a drop of hot sauce once and she has never said a bad word since, and it has been years!

Quoting mammak:

well my husband and I stopped cussing around the kids...then we instituted the hot sauce rule. anytime anyone including mommy and daddy say a bad word we get a drop of hot sauce on the tongue.

You put exactly one drop on the tip of the tongue and make them sit with their tongue out for at least 5 second but no more than ten and then give them a cup of milk to drink.

johnnie1218
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:21 PM

I thought about getting that sour spray candy and spraying it in his mouth when he says it. He HATES that stuff.

Quoting mammak:

treysmama06
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:22 PM
Quoting johnnie1218:

I have tried that. It doesnt work. He starts singing it to himself.

Quoting jajamama:

WOW really well ... try soap or hotsause
INDIA1968
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:22 PM

He's hearing that word from someone. Whoever is talking like that in front of him need's to quit. As long as he is hearing it he's going to say it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)