Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

trash digger!!! help!!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:34 PM
  • 3 Replies

my 15 month old is  a trash digger! We bought trash cans that operate with a little foot pedal, you step on it and the lid pops up. We got them to keep the dog out of the trash. The only problem is, my son has figured out how to lift up the lids and pull out the trash! I've turned them around so that the back hinge is all he has access to, and he hasn't figured out that all he has to do is go around to the side. So, how do I child proof my trash? Help, any suggestions are welcome!

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
crowned_mom
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:38 PM

if possible try putting it out of his reach like in a closet or on top of a counter. or you could try taping it shut i had to do that with some of our cabinets cause our ds kept taking things out of it. the problem we are having is that we cant seem to keep our ds from putting things in the trash. we have lost so many toys cause he keeps throwing them away. i hope out little ones grow out of this soon. lol.

kristinaleann
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:52 PM

lol we had the same problem..lol

Quoting crowned_mom:

if possible try putting it out of his reach like in a closet or on top of a counter. or you could try taping it shut i had to do that with some of our cabinets cause our ds kept taking things out of it. the problem we are having is that we cant seem to keep our ds from putting things in the trash. we have lost so many toys cause he keeps throwing them away. i hope out little ones grow out of this soon. lol.

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Group Admin on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:08 PM

wave

Hi JoeMax

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Toddler Moms

All about Toddlers

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

\\ The Cafe Group Admin Team

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)