• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

phobia of blood. plz help!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:47 PM
  • 6 Replies

how many of you hate having blood drawn? i had to get mine drawn today and it was so nervewracking for me! first off i know i have to get it done so i start stressing about it before i even get to doctor's office. but the time i get there i have gotten myself so worked up about it that i start shaking and my eyes start welling up with tears and the person doing it has to ask me if i need to lye down. i mean my leg starts moving up and down uncontrollably and i have to fight the urge to get up and run out of there. how can i fight this fear of needles. i cant stand feeling that pinch and seeing my blood flow through a tube into a vile. ive tried not looking but i still freak out. damn this sucks!!

also, my dh just tells me to get over it cause i have gotten it done so many times before and he cant understand why i am freaking out but i cant help it.

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
crowned_mom
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:42 PM

no one else is afraid of needles then? damn i was hopiing i wasnt the only one!

rayneleesmommy
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:44 PM

im TERRIFIED of needles ugh i hate em 

2milesboys
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:44 PM

i go numb when i see needles still, ive gotten blood drawn so many times and ivs forget it but i just deal with it, like i said i go numb so i dont really feel it

RockTheSocks
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:46 PM

im terrified of having blood taken.   Which is weird because i have so many tattoos.  but as i always say "THAT NEEDLE BETTER HAVE INK ON IT!"

I dont really have any advice.   I always tell them to use a butterfly needle, its smaller and less painful.  then i look away and ask not to be told when it's coming.   ive only found one person that I will let take my blood without freaking out.   Shes at my OBs office which is where i usually have to have blood work anyway so it works out.

Sorry about your thing, but I think  a lot of us suffer through it.

Momto3andaAngel
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:46 PM

I am exactly the same way. My husband makes fun of me and acts like it is something I can control. But it is horrible just like you explained it. I had to have 3 pints of blood after I had my daughter and that was even worse seeing the blood go back into your body lol but yea I'm not sure if its a phobia of blood or needles for me I guess just the mixture of both

lysa7lou0507
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:47 PM

Therewas a post on here not to long ago about having a severe needle phobia, but I don't remember who it was. I hate having blood drawn, but I'm not that bad. I do freak myself out and being nervous doesn't help because your veins shrink. I always look away and end up having to lay down. I have veins that are really hard to find, I had to have blood drawn a lot ever since childhood. They usually have to call in a couple different doctors and nurses to find my veins. At least they don't keep poking around until they find one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)