• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:00 PM
  • 7 Replies

I am going to be throwing a benefit for my son. He is almost 14 months old and has been in the hospital his whole life. He was a preemie. My water had broke at 19weeks and he stayed in and was born at 28weeks. He weighed 1lb 6oz and was 11 1/2in long. He has been struggling with his lungs ever since. He got a G-tube (feeding tube) when he was 8 months and got his Trach shortly after that. It has been an up and down battle with his breathing and feeding issues. Inever done a benefit before because I got a job at the hospital that my son is at, so we were doing fine financially. Well i have had to cut back my hour to pretty much nothing cause he has been not doing so well lately. So one of the nurses suggested doing a benefit for him.

I have no clue how to do a benefit or how to go about even setting one up. So I was hoping to get some thoughts or ideas on how to do this. PLEASE HELP! I'm lost.

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
kristinaleann
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:02 PM

im so sorry about your son. I hope that he gets better soon....

You can always talk to local church and see if they could do a benifit for him. I see it on church signs all the time.

You also can set up a bank account for him and advertise on t.v / the newspaper

Good luck that is all that i can think of

kristinaleann
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:04 PM

i just looked at your pictures. i have to say he is a strong little man to be smiling in some of those pictures being what he is going through. He will be in my prayers

kristinaleann
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:06 PM

i just thought of another, a benefit car wash or you can do a bake sale. Maybe ask a busy store in your area if you can have one outside there..

Sarah6690
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:09 PM

Moonlight bowling and spaghetti dinners are pretty big benefits in my area.  As the pp said, I would call a local bank and see about setting up an account.  Other than that, if you do, say, bowling, call the bowling alley or whatever you are going to do it, and they should be able to help. they've probably done them before.  Good luck!

"Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away." ~  Hitch
Lilypie Kids birthday TickerLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Are your kids out of control?  Check out my new group and find out why going dye free could help.   DYE FREE

kristinaleann
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:11 PM

i just thought of another.... possibly you can ask for garage sale donations from people you work with to have a benifit garage sale... im still thinking more!

shawnnaraye
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:20 PM

Thankyou for all your help.

Stephy89
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:25 PM

i'm so sorry about your sons health, I will pray for everything to get better.

i think you should turn to a christian church. they will help. amazingly

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)