Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Emotional & Irritable...Need advice

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:06 PM
  • 11 Replies

I am so emotional and irritable lately.  It is time for my period, but it isn't just around that time.  I have been really bad lately...to the point I don't eve like myself.  Sometimes I don't even realize how irrational I'm being until I wake up the next morning and recall the previous evening...I feel like such a bitch, but I don't know what to do to stop it.  I have a doctors appointment next wednesday, but I feel like I'm going crazy waiting for them.  My daughter is almost two, and I had PPD pretty badly after I had her.  I took prozac for almost a year and had to stop taking it because I couldn't afford it.  Sometimes I feel like I'm depressed, angry, and upset all the time...other times I feel like I am happy and not depressed at all...I know depression makes you emotional, but I thought the lows were more consistant...Can someone please give me advice, I hate being like this.

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EJSMomma09
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:20 PM

Anyone......................

EJSMomma09
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:30 PM

you know whats amazing...all these people will argue for hours over carseats and vaccinations, but when it comes to giving advice to one mom who really needs it forget it....Nice

Lace2180
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:35 PM

I hope it all goes well, wed.  I don't know but I did have a friend with the same PPD and symptoms and she  saw a therapist and was all better but everyones diff,  I will def bump for ya. 

Julie522
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:40 PM

Yeah I had depression when I was younger.  I took pills for it, but they just turned me into a zombie that couldn't feel ANYTHING.  I would DEFINATELY recommend therapy for you.  That's what worked for me.  It is so great to know, I can feel happy again and deal with things because I learned how to with the help of a therapist instead of taking pills that made me feel nothing.

RockTheSocks
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:41 PM

maybe no one that had read it had any advice for you up to that point.  

I have no advice for you because i havent been through it and im not going to write 'oh, im so sorry' because im not.  

this is something you just have to deal with, btu i totally see the irrational bitchy thing you're talking about.

Quoting EJSMomma09:

you know whats amazing...all these people will argue for hours over carseats and vaccinations, but when it comes to giving advice to one mom who really needs it forget it....Nice

EJSMomma09
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:42 PM

Quoting Julie522:

Yeah I had depression when I was younger.  I took pills for it, but they just turned me into a zombie that couldn't feel ANYTHING.  I would DEFINATELY recommend therapy for you.  That's what worked for me.  It is so great to know, I can feel happy again and deal with things because I learned how to with the help of a therapist instead of taking pills that made me feel nothing.

So you think it sounds like depression still??  The prozac really helped me.  I have some left over that i'm considering taking it...i just can't stand myself anymore...its so frustrating

EJSMomma09
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:43 PM

You are one of the mom's I am talking about.  Instead of being comforting and giving constructive advice you have to be a bitch abbout...atleast I can see that I'm being a bitch...why dont' you re-read your post.

Quoting RockTheSocks:

I have no advice for you because i havent been through it and im not going to write 'oh, im so sorry' because im not.  

this is something you just have to deal with, btu i totally see the irrational bitchy thing you're talking about.

Quoting EJSMomma09:

RockTheSocks
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:51 PM

You dont need comfort.   you need a therapist.  And I didnt call you a bitch I just said that i understood where you were coming from.  

Im not being a bitch.   Im being honest and saying that not everyone can help you or throw you a pitty party. You have to be able to help yourself.   When you have problems like these you need to man up and say " i need help!" and seek it from a qualified professional not a bunch of moms who have their own problems.   Shit, my hair is falling out and I feel like Im going bald but you dont see me on here saying "oh, my hair is falling out how can YOU GUYS help me?"   because they cant.   I have to see my doctor just like you do.

Quoting EJSMomma09:

You are one of the mom's I am talking about.  Instead of being comforting and giving constructive advice you have to be a bitch abbout...atleast I can see that I'm being a bitch...why dont' you re-read your post.

Quoting RockTheSocks:

Quoting EJSMomma09:

bonitamomma3
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:59 PM

wow ladies.... unfortunatly when you go off of depression meds you tend to go back to how you were feeling previously.  that's what happened to me.  I couldn't afford meds anymore and I felt just as depressed as before.  I personally couldn't afford therpy so I had to find a way to cope with my feelings a different way.  I journal.  My hubby hates when I bust out my journal cause he know's that it means I've been feeling pretty crappy.  It helps me rationalize my feelings.  You know like kind of what you do the next morning you realize the "freak outs" from the previous night was really unnecessary. 

It's hard, maybe see if there is a cheaper med they can give.  Maybe you just haven't been on it long enough to get the effect.  i was on meds for two years.

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:08 PM

I would start by going to see your dr.I know after I was in an accident I had severe depression.It took awhile for me to realize it. If the med helped you need to find a way to afford it.Im sorry you are feeling like this.I am not sure if what I said will help you but I sure hope it will. Hugs momma nothing worse then being out of sorts and not being understood by others. Where you have the real up and real down that kinda sounds like you might be manic-depressive.Her is an outline.read it look at the symptoms momma.

You are here: Life Challenges >> Learn More About Manic Depression. >> Manic Depression Symptoms

What are manic depression symptoms?

Manic depression symptoms (as found in manic-depressive disorder or bipolar disorder) involve symptom sets that are the opposite of each other. One involves a “high” set and the other a “low” set. These symptoms are found in a continuous range, mild-moderate-severe, in both the manic and depressive aspects.

The National Institute of Mental Health lists many of the following Manic Depression symptoms.1 Manic disorder that characterize the high or ‘manic’ aspect of manic disorder are called episode includes the following:

• Increased energy, activity, and restlessness
  • Excessively ‘high,’ overly good, euphoric mood
  • Distractibility, can’t concentrate well
  • Racing thoughts and talking very fast
  • Jumping from one idea to another
  • Little sleep needed
  • Increased sexual drive
  • Spending sprees
  • Poor judgment
  • Unrealistic beliefs in one’s abilities and powers
  • Extreme irritability
  • Provocative, intrusive, or aggressive behavior
  • Abuse of drugs, particularly cocaine, alcohol, and sleeping medications
  • Denial that anything is wrong
  • Lasting period of behavior that is different from usual
Symptoms of manic disorder that characterize the low or ‘depressive’ aspect of manic-depressive disorder are the following:
  • Lasting sad, anxious, or empty mood
  • Feelings of hopelessness or pessimism
  • Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, or helplessness
  • Loss of interest or pleasure in activities once enjoyed, including sex
  • Decreased energy, a feeling of fatigue or of being “slowed down”
  • Difficulty concentrating, remembering, making decisions
  • Restlessness or irritability
  • Sleeping too much, or can’t sleep
  • Change in appetite and / or unintended weight loss or gain
  • Chronic pain or persistent bodily symptoms not caused by illness or injury
  • Thoughts of death or suicide / suicide attempts
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)