Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Activities theropist in nursing home

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:10 PM
  • 2 Replies

I got an offer for a job interview to work 10 hr days 4 days a week in a nursing home as an activities therapist. I have some experience in working for human services working with people who have disabilities and younger people. I have no real experience working in a nursing home. They said they could train me so that would be fine. However I would like it if someone could give me a good description of what the activities therapist does in a nursing home so that I'm not completely out of the loop. Also how much does it pay. I was told that I would have to work T-S from 8-6:30 and I'm a little nervous about the every Sat thing unless it is a decent pay.

All moms are super heros so come check out this group. If you are already a member please take part in the photo contest we are having!!!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/Superheromoms

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mandylou292
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:49 PM

I am an Occupational Therapist, and when I was in school I had Fieldwork at a nursing home with the activities director.  She basically coordinated the activities for the residents.  She had musicians come in and sing for them, did crafts with them, and games.  She also helped with mealtime.  I think they collaborate with the OTs.  I'm not sure about the pay, however.  Hope this helps a little.

Skygirl1985
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:50 PM

BUMP I need advice on how to show that I'm ready for a job like this during the interview.

All moms are super heros so come check out this group. If you are already a member please take part in the photo contest we are having!!!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/Superheromoms

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)