Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What kind of sippie cup do you use?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:18 PM
  • 4 Replies

My daughter is 13 months and we just weaned her from the day bottle. She only gets it a night. Here;s my thing...

She chokes on the sippie. Everytime. She's been drinking out of them for quite a while (not regularly, she had the bottle more) but she still chokes... I can't figure out how to help her not to do that.

Maybe I could try different kinds of sippie's? What kind do you use?

Any other advice is welcome! Thanks ladies!

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
crowned_mom
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:48 PM

i use the playtex sippys for my son. if she is choking try being sure she is sitting up when she drinks from them cause maybe the flow is coming out to fast for her i dont know. you could try the ones with the straws.

MommyOnLI
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:51 PM

my DS almost 20 months NEVER took to the sippy, so we used these.  i am anal about what kind of beverages go into cups so i separate.  even with me & dh i have certain cups that get certain liquids... and i always put my stuff in the dishwasher

Milk

He started out with this one for milk

then went to this one

water:

Juice

Orange Juice

RockTheSocks
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:53 PM

you may need to just move her to  a big cup and hope for the best.   not sure.

MomTo2BabesTX
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:55 PM

My DS is 21 months old and we use these sippie cups by The First Years. Wal-Mart just started selling them and they are about $7 for 2. They come in Cars, Sesame Street, Mickey Mouse, and I think Disney Princess as well. I like them because they don't have an extra valve piece. But I think they are for more toddler. My DS just got them a month ago.

But with both of my kids I used the Nuby sippie cups with the silicone spouts. They seemed to have a slower flow like a bottle but had the shape of a sippie cup spout. I also use to use the Nuby hard cups. They come in solid colors and are about $1.00 at Wal-Mart. They have a valve that can go slow or fast. You might want to try that. Also we used the take and toss cups for a little while until my DS learned how to pop the top off. They were slightly slower as well.

Hope that helps some.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)