• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I??

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:22 PM
  • 3 Replies

I am 5 weeks pregnant and I have been so tired... I work two jobs one is a in-home daycare and the other is I am photographer at sears portrait studio neither job is slow paced but my house is so dirty I mean I hate coming home because to me it is disgusting my husband tries to help but I dunno. I just don't think I can do it anymore!! I am so tired and I hate living in my house... how do I balance work and being mommy and keeping my house clean.... When I am home I feel like I should b mommy.... but I see some mom's on here that r like super mom their house is spotless they work and still have arts and crafts fun time with the kid's. HOW DO YOU DO IT???? how do you manage your time and keep yourself motavated?? any help would apperciated 

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
starleigh21
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:39 PM

Schedules. For example, on tuesdays, mop the floor, thursdays, clean the bathroom, saturday's, dust. etc.  Write it all down, that way you can come home from work and see what you have to do, and then do it. That way, you're not stressing over, OMG everything's dirty, i gotta clean it all, mood. That's overwelming. Break it up. Spend a week cleaning everything, then the following week, follow your schedule.

kids can help too. Even 2 year olds can have small chores. Kids generally like to help mommy do chores. Turn on some music, and make it fun.

And, clean as you go. I always do the dishes while i'm cooking supper, and then finish the rest after supper. If you're done with something, put it away.

You can make a chore sheet for everyone in the house. Dad mops floors on Tuesdays while you vacuum the floors. Make it a family thing, rather than being stressed over everything YOU alone have to do.

Also, we have scheduled family nights, so far we have pizza and movie night on Tuesdays(that's when new movies come out), Friday's we have mexican food and video game night.

Schedule in activities, that helps too. That way you're not sidetracked by what has to be done, get what you need done, then do the activity.

There's also sites on here that help with organizing the house, so that everything is organized and easier to manage.

I have 5 step-kids under the age of 10 living with us, i know how hectic things can get, lol.

crowned_mom
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:52 PM

get yourself into some sort of routine. set a schedule. do some chores on some days and other chores on other days. ur dh needs to help you out as much as he can. i know what it is like being tired during pregnancy. with my son i was so tired that i would lay down for a nap and end up waking up in the middle of the night and not even realize it. it sucks.

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Group Admin on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:12 PM

stork

Hi Braylonsmommy19,

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

You may also want to post on some of CafeMom's pregnancy groups!

Click on this Newcomers Club link to find PREGNANCY Info On CafeMom!

Best wishes!

\\ The Cafe Group Admin Team 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)