Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help with Fruit Salad

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:25 PM
  • 3 Replies

Everyone in my family always brings a dish for every holiday gathering, and I am making a large fruit salad for Easter Sunday breakfast.

I have been looking at several recipes, and pictures, but I just can't decide what to include, or if I have to many fruits in this. Let me know what you think

This is what I was THINKING of putting in there:

Cubed Watermelon

Cubed Cantaloupe

Green and Purple seedless grapes

Sliced Strawberries

Sliced Kiwi

Sliced oranges

Is that to many, or a weird combination? Also how do I keep it fresh? I am def making it the morning of Easter, but how do I keep it from "wilting" and looking dullish as it sits? Lemon juice?

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
austinsm0mmy
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:34 PM

the joy of fruit salad is you can put what ever you want in it.

I usually use orange juice to keep it fresh, and personally I would stay away from bananas because they just never seem to work. 

KGeist86
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:35 PM

yeah I was thinking for bananas, since I have a few people in my family who LOVE them, I would just cut them at the Breakfast and put the bowl on a large plate, and surround the bottom of the bowl with the bananas.

Quoting austinsm0mmy:

the joy of fruit salad is you can put what ever you want in it.

I usually use orange juice to keep it fresh, and personally I would stay away from bananas because they just never seem to work. 

LuvinMY03
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:40 PM

that sounds good to me! the only thing  *I* (bc i dont like it) wouldnt put in it is cantelope. but do urs based on ur family! i have tried lemon juice and it didnt work. i havent found anything to stop the fruit from lookin wilted!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)