Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im scared, help?? TMI

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:20 PM
  • 12 Replies

I am 37 weeks pregnant and i have HPV. i have had no problems with it at all but yesterday while wiping after going to the bathroom i felt a small bump on my vagina. I think it might be a wart. obviously i cant see it because my belly is kinda in the way lol. and i dont want to ask hubby to look because when i told him about it he jokingly said ewww but it still hurt my feelings. anyways, now i have a million questions racing through my head. What if it is a wart? how will the doctors treat it? Was it there a week ago when my doctor did my swab test?and did he see it? How is it going to affect my delivery? I do NOT want a c-section, i want to do natural again. This is my major fear! It hasn't gotten any bigger or smaller since yesterday but it does hurt a little bit today, maybe because i keep checking it everytime i go to the bathroom i am so paranoid now. If anyone could answer my questions I would greatly appreciate it!

Jess

Group admin in http://www.cafemom.com/group/tipstricksadvice Join us!

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Brittney_OREGON
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:22 PM

bump..

relosansil
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:24 PM

I'll bump for you... good luck!

Froggi6232
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:26 PM

I would call your Dr and go in and see him/her.  That's the best advice that I have, good luck!

ChristiMom2
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:27 PM

My best friend had the same thing. Her doctor told her it was a hemorroid and that every now and then, they can pop up on the vagina and not to worry. I would still call the doctor though.

moms rock

marigrimes
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:28 PM

Sorry if this is TMI, but where exactly on your Vagina is it? Is it like inside on the lips or out side on your skin part? I get ingrown hairs really bad on the outside. If it is on the innerside, I would call your doc and make an apt just to be sure.

in love   toddler girlgirl on a swingexpecting boy

Wonderful Hubby     Kaylee Mae     Savannah Faith      On His Way

6-4-05                    5-19-07             12-13-05                10-26-09

Ninjabear
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:30 PM

i have a doctor appointment monday and i will be talking to them then. I just was hoping to get some answers now so i am not worrying like crazy til then. If its going to be bad news i want to prepare myself before i go to the doctor.

Jess

karab88
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:33 PM

if you want to see it get a mirror and hold it between ur legs in bright light that way you can see. I would call ur dr asap that way if it is a wart the dr can see what it looks like before it goes away because I would think they would probably opt for a c-section if it were because it could get in babies mouth or eyes. I had a friend that had gotten it in high school and her dr told her that she would just have to have a c-section. Better safe then sorry.  

Ninjabear
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:33 PM

its on the outside. i was thinking it maybe an ingrown hair or a zit or something and i really hope thats what it is.

Quoting marigrimes:

Sorry if this is TMI, but where exactly on your Vagina is it? Is it like inside on the lips or out side on your skin part? I get ingrown hairs really bad on the outside. If it is on the innerside, I would call your doc and make an apt just to be sure.

Jess

babe4
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:41 PM

Dont worry so much.... especially if u have a Dr appt on mOn.. but i know i get freak out 2 especially when u dont know what's goin on ur body... Anyways.. my sis in law everytime she got preggo she would get a vericose vain her vagina she said it would hurt alot.. the dr told her from the pressure of the baby. It  alwasy went away after she had the baby.. NOT 2 WORRY!!

Good LUck!! TaKe Care!

startrace96
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:43 PM

Quoting karab88:

if you want to see it get a mirror and hold it between ur legs in bright light that way you can see. I would call ur dr asap that way if it is a wart the dr can see what it looks like before it goes away because I would think they would probably opt for a c-section if it were because it could get in babies mouth or eyes. I had a friend that had gotten it in high school and her dr told her that she would just have to have a c-section. Better safe then sorry.  

Yeah I know this girl who had it and her son got it in his throat. and he had to have lots of surgery's to get them removed becasue they blocked his airway. I'd ask the dr. about that. They say it is rare that it happens. But just incase like the pp said I would opt for a csection for the child. I've had 3 and they're not bad as you think they would be. I think her son is now 16 or 17. I dont think he has problems with it anymore. They eventually stopped growning in his throat. GL mamma and make a list of questions to take with you to the Dr. I always forget what I was going to ask him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)