• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I Over Reacting??

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:24 PM
  • 12 Replies

Well today is my s/o's 20th birthday. Well we had his friends come up and eat out at a mexican resturant with us...Jake had been drinking (my s/o) an he wanted to go out with his friends and stay the night. Because it his birthday I'd felt guilty keeping him from going out. I'm due in 2 days and I have my last doc appt in the morning...He's not coming home tonight. And last time he went out with his friends last week to go get drunk, I started bleeding that night...I lost my mucus plug that day. It's not like this is a regular thing anymore , but he used to never come home and hang with these people all the time. Am I over reacting? I don't think I'd care so much If I weren't due in 2 days, and had a doc appt in the morning, knowing he's not coming home? He said he'd meet me at the hospital, but it's early in the morning, and if he's out gettin drunk tonight there's no way he'll wake up in time. Last time I let him stay the night with them and had a doc appt the next morning, I called and called to try and wake him up and he didn't answer because he had gotten so drunk the night before he didn't answer. Nevertheless he didn't make it to that appointment. Am I just being an emotional greedy woman? I guess this is more of an emotional vent than anything.I'm just really upset...Being pregnant I guess lol You don't have to comment. I guess I just needed to get this out...Thanks ladies! Love ya! =/

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Proudmama2009
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:30 PM

I think he should be excited your about to have the baby! I would be furious if my husband did that crap this time around (im preg with number two) but I know how you feel. My dh was always out with his friends my whole pregnancy with my daughter I even had to call him and beg him to go get our dds bassinet cuz I knew I was about to have her (even tho it was 6 wks early I knew something was wrong)) anyways.. back to your question I don't think your over reactting at all.. He should want to be with you and not want to be out with his friends.. Even though he's 20 he needs to grow up and realize he is going to have to give up the drinking every weekend and take care of his child he helped create.

Froggi6232
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:32 PM

Your not over reacting, your due in two days and you never really know when your gonna pop.  My so went out the night before my due date, which was fine bc he was supposed to be home by 8pm but really came home after 1am (which really really pissed me off).  Needless to say he was drunk and woke up late for work, which turned out to be the best thing bc my water broke that morning and I went into labor!   I think that my labor started bc he really really pissed me off!  So try and calm down and if you want him home just tell him to go out and do whatever but you'll come pick him up later.  Honestly he shouldn't get mad you are due in a few days!

MoodyMamma
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:34 PM

I would hope that he's getting it out of his system by partying 1 last time, if not he would have my foot in his ass. He needs to get his priorities strait, getting 1 year older isn't more important that the life he helped to create.

maderacaligirl
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:34 PM

Since your due in 2 days you could go into labor any day now and it's not right that he wants to leave you, if you go into labor you don't want him at the hospital drunk or even buzzed (believe me I KNOW) my dh and I went to the monster Jam 10 days before my due date for my 2nd kid...I guess the loud noices scared her or something, he got drunk, we came home, I rested then had to wake him up and tell him that I needed to go to the hospital...At the hospital he was the WORST...I could tell he still was buzzing a bit...I almost kicked him out of the room. ANYWAYS, he should be there with you since your so close to your due date because anything could happen.

JaydensMom42009
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:35 PM

well i guess i'd just feeel extra guilty because it is his bday i dont wana keep him cooped up on his special day?

MachIII
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:35 PM

So, you are due to give birth in two days, tomorrow morning you have an appt with your dr, and tonight your SO is going out drinking and partying for his birthday and not coming home...do I think you're overreacting?  No, I kind of think you're underreacting.  I would've beat his ass in a heartbeat and he would've been free to go out after that as a single person.  This is his baby, I assume?  Then he needs to man up and start acting like he has a baby due in two days.  I think it's very immature of him, birthday or not.  He is scheduled to be a father in two days time and he's out acting like he doesn't have a care in the world!  My SO isn't even my baby's biological father and he wouldn't go out the night before an appt, much less that close to the birth, for fear that he'd miss something.  I left the biological father over this that you're dealing with (along with some other issues, but this was the biggest).  No, you are not overreacting.  I don't even know what to tell you to do, but I'm pissed for you!  Hugs mama, I"m so sorry you're dealing with this. 

DS 8/11/2003

DD 1/12/2006

DS 10/30/2008

I'm a semi-cosleeping, feeding on demand, give it to her so she'll quit screaming, time-out then I'm going to spank you, anti-CIO, shopaholic, tattoo addicted, driving way too fast and racking up speeding tickets, obsessed with my SO, hooked on Grey's Anatomy, Britney Spears loving, bedtime story reading, hugs and kisses everyday, MOM.  XOXO

karab88
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:42 PM

Yeah I don't think so.I would not have that shit! My husband tried that with our last baby when I was preg. but he came home and was puking all over the floor,couldn't walk up the stairs and his friends came back home with him and they were all drunk and yelling. I was sooooo pissed. I let every one of them know too that I was not having that go on ever again.  

JaydensMom42009
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:43 PM

Quoting MachIII:

So, you are due to give birth in two days, tomorrow morning you have an appt with your dr, and tonight your SO is going out drinking and partying for his birthday and not coming home...do I think you're overreacting?  No, I kind of think you're underreacting.  I would've beat his ass in a heartbeat and he would've been free to go out after that as a single person.  This is his baby, I assume?  Then he needs to man up and start acting like he has a baby due in two days.  I think it's very immature of him, birthday or not.  He is scheduled to be a father in two days time and he's out acting like he doesn't have a care in the world!  My SO isn't even my baby's biological father and he wouldn't go out the night before an appt, much less that close to the birth, for fear that he'd miss something.  I left the biological father over this that you're dealing with (along with some other issues, but this was the biggest).  No, you are not overreacting.  I don't even know what to tell you to do, but I'm pissed for you!  Hugs mama, I"m so sorry you're dealing with this. 

me too..thank you for making me feel better...=)

Schleetle
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:52 PM

I would let him go drinking then have him find a safe way to get home. That way you know hes there in the morning. If you are sure hes staying out for the night I'd just try your best to relax. Hope everything goes well at your appointment tomorrow.

Pregnancy Ticker

Proud_usaf_wife
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:55 PM

My sister's ex did this when she was in labor and he was still drunk when she ave birth to their daughter. He got to see her be born but still he was intoxicated.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)