Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do to unwind?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:26 PM
  • 8 Replies

banging head into wallHi Moms!

I was wondering what you do to relax or relieve stress.

I feel that I don't have an outlet and would like to find a fun, positive way to let off some steam.

What do you do to unwind?

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
tyra618
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:30 PM

I turn on music and just let it all go.  I dance around the living room and let my 3 year old laugh at me. Which the end result is my son and I laughing our butts off.

I use the exercise bike at night for an hour when everyone is sleeping.  It may not be the funnest of things but when I'm super stressed it helps.

and I go with my friend once or twice a week for an hour or 2 to get her coffee and me a white chocolate hot cocoa or caramel iced latte and just have adult talk.

smtwngrl_27
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:42 PM

After my kids go to bed, I turn off the barney and turn on something I like.  I either make a pot of coffee or make a jager bomb then I just sit on the computer or read a book or I chat on the phone. 

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Group Admin on Apr. 9, 2009 at 2:38 PM

wave

Hi JenLouCecilia

You may also want to visit this CafeMom Group:

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

\\ The Cafe Group Admin Team

MAXnBRYCESmom
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 2:40 PM

I play video games, nothing better than fragging people online and trash talking after a stressful day, lol.

lilysmom31
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 2:42 PM

when my dh gets home I go to another room and work on latch hook (I cant knit yet) or scrapbook pages.  Its kind of my time to myself.  My 16 month old keeps me running and he understands I need sanity time.

canthaveboys1
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 2:43 PM

I make a pot of coffee and sit down on the computer chat with friends on fb, or I turn on something I want to watch that is NOT on a cartoon channel! 

amandabunn1
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 2:52 PM

i scrapbook. I have like 400 pictures to do.. adn i love being creative.. or reading.. i make my hubby take my son and i go get in the bath tub and read.. and ignore everything..

Michele79
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 2:53 PM

At the end of the day when my son goes to bed my favorite thing to do is watch a crappy horror movie with my husband or lay in bed and read.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)