Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Restraining orders?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:41 PM
  • 2 Replies

Hello,

I am in the process of getting a restraining order against ,my mother.. very long story. But the short version is that she is mantally ill and needs put in an institution.She has been herassing me and my family ( including my other siblings) for a long time.

I was wondering if anyone on here has went threw this process and could tell me what to expect?

I have already been to court to get a no cantact order and she has violadted it. So I am going one step farther. I am going for an Anti stalking protection order. My lawyer said I will have to make a statement in court with her there. I am so afraid of this. I dont want to be in the same room with her. She frightens me. My lawyer also said that if this falls through for some reason then me and my kids will be in alot of danger. Because she may try to hurts us. My hubby works nights and I am already scarred. We live out in the country. I guess I am just looking to hear that there are cases out there that have went threw this and that it isnt as scarry as it sounds.

Any advice would be great?? Thanks!

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Momsince02
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:45 PM

I live in SC and the county where I live you have to have 3 police reports before you can get a restraining order then it only lasts for 6 months.  I went throught hell to say it nicely to get one from my ex!! Good luck!!!

MachIII
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:01 PM

I actually got a temporary one on my ex husband yesterday.  He lives on the opposite side of the country, but for about three years now everytime he gets mad at me for whatever reason he starts threatening to kill me and take my kids away from me so that I never see them again by 'whatever means necessary'.  He started again yesterday.  I always filed a complaint with the sheriff's dpt here but never filed charges because he lives so far away, but now he's trying to come get the kids this summer, which he's never acknowledged our daughter and has seen ds 2 times in three years and both of those times he refused to bring him back until I threatened kidnapping charges.  I went to the sheriff's dpt, filed another complaint, and told them that I wanted a restraining order for me and my children.  The officer pulled the reports I saw my attorney and we were in court two hours later for an emergency order for the next few weeks when I have to go back to court to get it extended.  He won't show up to court though.  He never does.

Don't be afraid to face her in court, if it's bad enough to need a restraining order, then you shouldn't be afraid to do what needs to be done in order to get it.  I know that's your mother, but just the same, do what you need to do to keep your family safe.  Good luck mamas! 

DS 8/11/2003

DD 1/12/2006

DS 10/30/2008

I'm a semi-cosleeping, feeding on demand, give it to her so she'll quit screaming, time-out then I'm going to spank you, anti-CIO, shopaholic, tattoo addicted, driving way too fast and racking up speeding tickets, obsessed with my SO, hooked on Grey's Anatomy, Britney Spears loving, bedtime story reading, hugs and kisses everyday, MOM.  XOXO

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)