Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help!!! She's driving me crazy!!! (PIOG)

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:19 PM
  • 12 Replies

So, for the past few weeks my precious little Autumn (18 months) has turned into a MONSTER!!!!! She has started hitting me, smacking me in the mouth and now her newest thing is kicking me... Now she only kicks me when I lay her down on the changing table to change her diaper, dry her off after a bath or to get her dressed... I've tried asking her nicely not to kick Mommy, it does nothing... I try giving her a toy to play with to distract her and that doesn't work either... And she doesn't just kick me once, she kicks her legs violently the entire time she is laying there... It's almost like she finds it amusing... She even screams at me while she's kicking me... She's kicked me in the jaw, the boobs, everywhere... She even kicked me so hard she left a bruise on my stomach... My Husband was shocked when he saw it... So have any of you ladies ever gone through this with your little one? How did you get them to stop it? I just don't know what to do... It's gotten to the point where I just feel like leaving her in a poopy diaper just so she doesn't scream and kick me... I haven't actually done that, but man I feel like it!!!!!! Thanks in advance!!!

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heartsandskulls
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:22 PM

i feel your pain...im 33 wks preg and my son loves to kick my belly right where the baby is. I try to just do it as fast as i can and stand kinda off to the side so he cant kick me. when he does i pop him on his leg to get his attention, push his legs down and say firmly no kicking!!! it usually works ive noticed sometimes he doesnt do it, other times he just puts his feet on me but doesnt kick...

pregnancy week by week

Erna2
by Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:25 PM

Wow! I am sorry. After 5 kids, I can say that they have tried to kick at least once. But, I always told them that it was an owie, and it stopped. Keep trying, it will stop soon.. 

family in the van

Sakevich
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:25 PM

Gee Mama!! You sound like you are having a hard time of it! I know it can be stressful....I feel for you!!!

Well all the experts say when a child acts like that, they want your attention or are acting out as a result of some major change in their life.

You can't give in to this kind of behavior though Mama, or else can you only think about what she will be like at 16?

You have to come up with some disciplinary action that you and your husband agree on and stick to it.  I'm sorry but asking nicely to stop is not enough hun - you are her mother, and it is sometimes hard shoes to fill but I respect my mother to this day because she set apart her roles as Mother and friend...it's possible to be both! But at this point of the game you must be her Mother first and let her know she can't treat you like that! I hope it gets better for ya!

Reanee32
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:29 PM

Girl i feel for you. My daughter is 3 and she does not kick me but her mouth. she back talks screems hits. I am in the same boat you are. I dont know how to stop it. I have tried time-out, spanking, taking things away nothing works. so i understand how you feel.

jessicarabbit3-1-1.gif picture by straightupmama

MELRN
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:33 PM

Magic 1, 2, 3 by Thomas Phalan--

Reanee32
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:34 PM

Please tell us that this works and can you get it at the library.

Quoting MELRN:

Magic 1, 2, 3 by Thomas Phalan--

jessicarabbit3-1-1.gif picture by straightupmama

army_wife_06
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:35 PM

Our newest is throwing furniture at Mommy. Or hitting mommy in the face with a hard object. Nothing seems to help other then putting him in his crib for about an hour or so. After about 10-15 mins of crying he goes to sleep.

MELRN
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:20 PM

I would never ever recommend something I did not try and could personally  say worked... it's only like $12 at the book store.. its paperback

and get this it is so darn good they are using it in my daughters preschool!!  (it is for ages 2 to 10)  I started it when my daughter was 20 months old for EXACTLY what is happening to you... and it's easy reading !! she's 4 now and I RARELY COUNT.. and I'm always complimented on her behavior... thats how the school got the idea... they asked me 'what do you do?'  I loaned them the book... THEY LOVE IT

I am  re reading it now b/c I'm having an issue with my son who's 2.5.. (only when we go out.. if it's not all about Steven he gives me an attitude and will lay on the floor in public and cry... no cussing no yelling or anything but just cry it's embarassing)

So yeah it works. It gives you a little insite to childhood behavior too

memaoftwo
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:34 PM

We do 1-2-3 time out.  We have rules like no hitting etc that will get you straight to time out.  I think it works pretty well.

NalaniMom
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 9:55 AM

Maybe you need to give her alittle pop on the legs so that she knows that it is not right to kick and scream...Im not saying beat her but she is old enough to start knowing right from wrong....if you r asking her nicely to stop and she is still doing it then it needs to be alittle more force....another question does she do it with your husband too..or just you...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)