Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need Advice Please!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:44 PM
  • 5 Replies

"SPONGEBOB IS BAD"

Ok, I can't take it anymore..... My 3 year old is in love with Spongebob and at 1st I was fine with it... UNTIL, He stated saying STUPID and I DON'T LIKE YOU! Both came from SPONGEBOB..... He is also going through a spitting fase and I know they all go through this and I am very pationent but I would really like to know how others might handle this..... We have done time outs, spank, taken toys, removed tv for a day, and kept him in from playing outside or whatever.... Nothing seems to work! Any ideas?

Thanks,

Worried Mother :)

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
wilesmomma
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:04 PM

bump

RockTheSocks
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:06 PM

i think you may have to just give up on the spongebob thing and i dont know how to help with the spitting thing.   maybe spit back at him once and see what he does.  of course he may think its funny and that would be a backfire.

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Group Admin on Apr. 9, 2009 at 2:47 PM

wave

Hi MamaLuvsJustin

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Toddler Moms

All about Toddlers

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

\\ The Cafe Group Admin Team

mom-2-4boys
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 2:52 PM

The only advice I can offer is on the spitting. What worked for us is setting a timer  and having the spitting offender spit in the toliet for a set amount of  time. This worked great with my oldest it only took one time. The others have been threatened with having to go spit in the bathroom so they now think twice. This is some of  the best advice I have been given toward parenting. 

Crissah
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 4:08 PM

We don't watch 'Sponge Bob' either... and it's funny bc if DS is watching tv and it comes on he says "uh oh mommy! Sponge Bob!" and hands me the remote! Good luck with the spitting... haven't delt with that one yet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)