Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help w/ medicaid. PLEASE

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:48 PM
  • 13 Replies

Hey ladies, I have a few questions abt medicaid.
1~ Is it limited by how much you have in your bank accounts?

We got a rather large tax return and we're trying to be careful w/ our money. I got laid off in Feb and DH is finishing school and working part time. So I'm worried that by us being careful w/ our money will be our down fall.

2~ And if it is limited by $$$$ How much are you allowed to have in your account?

Any other advice would be SUPER helpful.

Thanks in advance ladies!

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
miss_galvan03
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:54 PM

Are you on welfare or tanf? If not you wont have to print out your statement, they just ask you how much you have in there... if you get my drift. ;)

Mommy_Gi
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:55 PM
Its not what you have on the bank is what you receive. If you or your so work they want to know how often you get paid and how much, they want to see your pay stubs. if you are self employed they will ask for your schedule c tax return.

marblet
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:58 PM

They made me print off my hubby's check stubs and my bank statement to show how much we have. and they requested a copy of our most recent car bill to see how much we still owe on that.
So is that gonna bite me that we do have so much in our account?

ZombieBroad
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:59 PM
the answer is yes. my daughter has had medicaid for a year and was fist denied because i had 2,000 in my savings. i had to appeal.

"A baby is God's way of saying the world should go on"

Mommy_Gi
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 12:03 AM
I live in Va and they didn't ask me that!!! They asks for my schedule c since my dh is a self employed

Quoting marblet:

They made me print off my hubby's check stubs and my bank statement to show how much we have. and they requested a copy of our most recent car bill to see how much we still owe on that. So is that gonna bite me that we do have so much in our account?

1juicey1for
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 12:03 AM
Here is a link to go to where it has ny (for New York) put your states two letter state code; and it should bring it up for you. Good Luck.

http://www.health.state.ny.us/health_care/medicaid/
1juicey1for
marblet
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 12:09 AM

I live in UT. And I was surprised w/ how much they asked for. If we do get denied I'm gonna be pretty pissed. How fair is it that we get punished for being smart w/ our money? We've been carefull enough because we knew lay offs were coming at my job. So we're scared that we're gonna have to just abt empty our account because of this.

Quoting Mommy_Gi:

I live in Va and they didn't ask me that!!! They asks for my schedule c since my dh is a self employed

marblet
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 12:48 AM

bumpAnyone else know anything?

mom_2_Josie
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 1:19 AM

We really need the assistance but after being denied for food stamps and having to bring them everything under the sun, I am too afraid to try for medicaid.  Medicaid in SC asks for every piece of paper. We make $50 too much according to the before taxes on food stamps. The reality is that we struggle to make ends meet and with the economy being how it is we can't afford for both of us to work and to pay for childcare. We have already done that math.  I have the feeling that if you have money in your account you will be denied. It just aggravates me how the people who really need help can't get it and those that don't some how get it. 

navywifey2006
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 7:24 AM

in indiana they do that too. when i first got on medicaid with my son in 2004 they didnt check my bank acct, but when i got medicaird in 2006 i had to have a printout of my statement....here in indiana you cant have more than $2000.00 in your acct to be eligible for food stamps....i would say just take the money out long enough to print out the statement then for it not to show on the page......also if you get direct deposit they will ask to see you acct as well.

Quoting marblet:

They made me print off my hubby's check stubs and my bank statement to show how much we have. and they requested a copy of our most recent car bill to see how much we still owe on that.
So is that gonna bite me that we do have so much in our account?

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)