Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

my 9 month old fell and hit his temple/eye on the hardwood floor.....advice

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 12:47 PM
  • 13 Replies

my 9 month old son is learning to pull himself up and he fell and hit his side of the head above the temple. it is red and maybe going to bruise and with that movie star lady dying from hitting her head i was wondering if i should try to get him a doc. appointment...he is playing with my cell phone right now and he cried hard after the fall... any signs i should watch out for? thanks

by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
8firsttimemom8
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 12:52 PM

anyone??

POOKA123
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 12:54 PM

Quoting 8firsttimemom8:

anyone??

if you feel unsure take him in,

tyra618
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 12:54 PM

Does he have a bump.  If so just keep an eye on it.  Bumps are good.  If no bump I'd go to the er or to a walk in doctors just to be safe.  Good luck

LMartin08
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 12:55 PM

well, of course he's gonna cry once he first falls. you should definitely just watch him to make sure he doesn't act differently. Any behavior out of the ordinary is definitely something to look for. Any crying afterwards that isn't caused by something else, or holding his head, or just being wierd... hope this helps!!

..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨)) .•´¨¨))((¸¸.•´ ..•´I'm a semi-co-sleeping, total vaccinating, breastfeed in public, teach my baby multiple languages, SAHM and marine corp bride.-:¦:- .•´¨¨))
-:¦:- ((¸¸.•´*
I am my sons mother, and Im doing it all my own way•´ .•´¨¨))
((¸¸.•´* ((¸¸.•´* ((¸¸.•´* -:¦:-

ksinclair
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 12:57 PM

Make sure that his eyes are dialiating & constricting at the same rate.  Make sure that he is drinking/eating properly.  Is he acting any differently than normal?  Does he seem fine?  If his eyes are dialating the same, is drinking/eating fine & acting normal, chances are he is perfectly fine.  Those are the most common signs of a concussion.  I, personally, would still call the doctor just to touch base and "make sure". 

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
cutesherrie84
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 12:58 PM

You would know your son better then us mama but if he lost conciousness or threw up after or is acting weird then I would be taking him to the doctor.If hes acting normal and playing then hes fine but try and wake him up every few hours just as a precaution so you can know if he hurt his head or not but other then that hes probabily gonna have a bruise where he fell and hes gonna need alot of love on his booboo.

foreveryoung84
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 12:59 PM

my one year old fell like that too just 2 weeks ago or less. Sh was fine but I was worried too. But she got a bump and a black eye from it so I stopped worrying cause that is a good sign.If worried thou  just  take him in.

8firsttimemom8
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 1:05 PM

Thats almost exactly where his is just on the other side...i am going to keep an eye out on it and probably call the nurses hot line...he is a little fussy now and right now there is no bump. but he still has a appetite.

Quoting foreveryoung84:

my one year old fell like that too just 2 weeks ago or less. Sh was fine but I was worried too. But she got a bump and a black eye from it so I stopped worrying cause that is a good sign.If worried thou  just  take him in.

B.A.G.
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 1:08 PM

Quoting foreveryoung84:

omg!!! that looks horrible! my son is pulling himself up. he just as of last night learned to pull himself up in his crib. oh i dread the day when het gtes bumps. :( poor LO. I hope they both recover soon!!! (OP and this mom)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
sarahbearamommy
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 1:10 PM

omg i wouldve been freaking out if this happened to my son.  its right on the temple.. ah! did u take her to the dr? i mean, obviously she is fine if she is okay 2 weeks later, but wow! she got herself good! i woulda been so scared

Quoting foreveryoung84:

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)