Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

How should I decorate park pavillion for dds 1st birthday party?? :)

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2009 at 8:54 PM
  • 4 Replies

I have decided to have my dd's first birthday party at the park and it has a pavillion you can rent ahead of time. It has a grill in it and several picnic tables. I want her party to be  perfect. How should I decorate everything?? Need some tips! :) Like where to put what...and where to hang balloons and stuff.

Thanks!

Nicole

Army Wife

by on Apr. 26, 2009 at 8:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
YuppyMom
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2009 at 9:02 PM

Put linens on the tables and set them like you would for a nice function.  Floral centerpieces in pink are a nice touch for a 1st bday for a girl.

Let me suggest using material (you can get bulk material at Jo Ann Fabrics..maybe even some Wal Marts) and use it to create swags from the beams of the pavillion.  Also, floral garlands around the beams make a pretty touch.

We love doing pavillion parties!  You can really dress them up so that they no longer look like "just a park pavillion"!

mksgirl83
by on Apr. 26, 2009 at 9:22 PM

ok so I have some ideas...I would hang streamers from the ramada most ramadas have bars where you could hang stuff..I would do streamers like this

http://www.partycity.com/cgi-bin/parties/show.cgi?name=First%20Bday%20Girl%20Hng%20Swirl&parties=Girl%201st%20Birthday&thepartytype=1004&products=182953&zoom=1&start=

with maybe some of these

http://www.partycity.com/cgi-bin/parties/show.cgi?name=Girl%201st%20Bday%20Deco%20Kit&parties=Girl%201st%20Birthday&thepartytype=1004&products=154048d&zoom=1&start=

I would definitely do some centerpieces...do you have a theme? I would probably tie balloons to the tables...I would do a banner and hand it on the ramada...I could help more if I knew your theme as far as ideas

Tuf
by on Apr. 26, 2009 at 9:33 PM

Quoting YuppyMom:

Put linens on the tables and set them like you would for a nice function.  Floral centerpieces in pink are a nice touch for a 1st bday for a girl.

Let me suggest using material (you can get bulk material at Jo Ann Fabrics..maybe even some Wal Marts) and use it to create swags from the beams of the pavillion.  Also, floral garlands around the beams make a pretty touch.

We love doing pavillion parties!  You can really dress them up so that they no longer look like "just a park pavillion"!

That is so nice!  If you wanted to make it more juvenile, you could switch out the floral centerpieces for a balloon centerpiece, since you said you want balloons.  If you have picnic tables you can get long table cloths and if you want buffet style just set up on one of the picnic tables obviously. 

brookes_mom04
by on Apr. 26, 2009 at 9:58 PM

This is going to be our theme.

Army Wife

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)