Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

AM I JUST JEALOUS OR WHAT??? PLEASE HELP (KIND OF LONG)

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:29 AM
  • 3 Replies

Ok so one of my friends is due the day after me with a little girl (same as me). This is her first baby. She still lives with her parents, the dad is not around, she has never once in her life had a job. Her parents have bought every little thing for this baby and I dont mean the its what I can just spare stuff I mean the most expensive crib, clothes, everything! She has not bought anything for her daughter!! Ok well the point is, she just had her baby shower this past sun. I could not make it but I asked her how it went and she complained for hours on how no one showed up and how she didnt get everything she needed and how it just wasnt what she thought it would be!! I was going through her pics on myspace for the baby shower, about 30 people showed up, she got TONS of things!! I mean a stroller carseat combo that is not cheap, diaper gene (spelling), clothes, really expensive baby moniter with the TV section!! I mean she got everything!! And all she could do was complain! Well lets see I'm on my second baby, I tried to plan a baby shower with my first but no one even showed up. So I planned one with this one and invited about 30 people, only 3 showed up. It was my husbands family and all they did was trash my apartment, and make the entire party about them, we couldnt even play the games because they where not paying attention or anything! I got one out fit and one bottle. That wasnt even on my list of things that I needed!! I was soo upset and yet she was sitting and trying to say how her baby shower was so horrible and that I dont understand what its like. I was in shock!! I sat and said are you serious? How about taking my baby shower and ill take yours!! I even invited her to mine which she told me every day that she would come and even if no one else showed she would be there, well what a shocker she didnt even show up! Am I just jealous or do I really have a right to be mad? My husband works his butt off to get what little bit we have for our daughter. We have the basic needs, bottles, crib and bedding, and a few items for clothes thats all I have, I dont have no swing, baby monitors, diaper gene, or any fancy nice things like that. I talked to my hubby about how one day while she is still small i was going to get one swing dont remember what its called, its cream and has like a net type thing that goes behind it and it swings side to side its pretty pricey and she got that for her baby shower as well. I plan to breast feed and I dont have a pump, no fancy boppy pillow.

Is it wrong for me to feel this angry that she has people that will give her every little thing she wants while she just has to sit on her butt and complain that its not enough? While me and my husband work our butts off to get the little things we have??

pregnancy

Been kicked out or booted out of another group? COME JOIN US!!!

WE WON'T KICK YOU OUT!

http://www.cafemom.com/groups/drake12308
by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
HarleysMommy235
by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:39 AM

Well, I can see where you are comming from. Im a little shocked that this is a friend of yours. Doesnt seem like you all have a lot in common. I'd ask her if she had such a horrible shower then why not give you what she didnt want. Sounds to me shes a little spoiled and bratty. You don't need to be pissed at her. You're working hard to provide for you baby and she will never understand the sacrifice that has to be made for your kids. She will never appreciate it like you will. Let it go and next time she is complaining, I'd tell her to knock it off and remind her how lucky she has it. I hate people like this that complain when they have  nothing to complain about. You're doing good mommy, keep it up.

tiffanysgirls
by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:40 AM
Try to focus on the IMPORTANT things that YOU have that money can't buy. Like....a father for your babies who takes an active role in their lives!! That is worth more than any silly swing or fancy boppy pillow.
pattisaid
by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:51 AM

I think it's not so much jealousy not more than normal. But you may be more upset at how ungrateful and thoughtless that she is being. Even if she did get everything but had a better attitude then you might not be so peeved. Wait till your friend finds out about real life she just may change her tune.

Do not look at all that fancy stuff she has. Ask yourself this, will your baby be upset that she did not have a boppy or that swing or the monitor. Plus I am sure that love not name brands makes a couple and a family (one thing she seems to be lacking). You have your man she does not and you have love she does not. She has stuff that the baby will outgrow and will be useless eventually. She does not have love.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)