Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it ok to wear red to a wedding? PIOG

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:04 AM
  • 12 Replies

Poll

Question: Is red ok for a wedding?

Options:

yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 23

View Results

My DH's cousin is getting married in June. It is a evening wedding and my DD is the flower girl. I'm going to be seeing a lot of people that I haven't seen in a long time and I'm really proud of how much weight i have lost. I've been looking for the perfect dress and it turns out that I found one in my closet. I've owned it for about 3 years but have never worn it because I was to fat. The only problem is that it si red, like fire engine red. It's not slutty, the hem falls below the knee, the back is high, it has a v neck but it is not low cut. There is enough coverage that I can wear a regular bra under it. It just makes me look nice and curvy. Is it wrong to wear red to a wedding. I'm not sure if that is appropriate or not.

Also if you think I should wear the red, what color shoes should I get? Red to match or would black work? Any other color suggestions?

by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommytoG
by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:06 AM

I have been told that wearing red points you out to be a hussy at  a wedding. Times have changed so I really dont know. I would never red to a wedding, but that is just me

sarah969
by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:08 AM

can you post a pic

banner2.jpg picture by Songtress1986

JollyRancher22
by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:09 AM

I dont see anything wrong with wearing red unless the wedding colors and/or bridesmaid dresses are red.  I would also wear the dress with either silver or black open toed shoes.  Trying to match up the reds will be really hard.  If you are really concerned about it, I would call the bride herself and ask her if its ok.  Some brides are weird about certain things but I say as long as your not wearing a long white dress it shouldnt matter. 

mommytoG
by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:12 AM

I just read that a red dress takes away from the bride because its such an eye popping  color

jessdamian77
by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:13 AM

As long as its not one of the brides "colors" for her wedding id ont see why not. If you have reservations, i would ask the bride herself

mama2twogirls

I have wore a red dress to a few weddings.. I didnt know you were supposed to or that there was anything wrong with it.. No one ever said anything to me.. I think as long as the bridesmaids dresses arent red it should be fine..

pregnancy week by week
4LifeTupperware
I had 3 people at my wedding wear red... one older Aunt, it was a skirt and jacket, but still red. She did hope it didn't bug me and it didn't. I also had a friend of a friend that wear a red skirt... and a old girlfriend of my hubby's that wear a red to kill for dress... haha I thought it was funny that she did that.. as she was still trying to get him back!!! Married 15 years!!

I would say wear it unless it's the wedding colors

Melanie, Wife for 15 years and a Mom, to 14 year old daughter, 10 year old son, 3 year old son, 15 month old son and two angel babies that would also be 15 months old "Only one life, will soon be passed, only what's done for Christ will last." 

humanjunglegym
by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:15 AM

Quoting mommytoG:

I have been told that wearing red points you out to be a hussy at  a wedding. Times have changed so I really dont know. I would never red to a wedding, but that is just me

Yeah, and the bride's only supposed to wear white if they're a virgin but that color rule went out the window too! lol

mysteriousmom06
by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:16 AM

Yeah, I want to see a picture too.

Quoting sarah969:

can you post a pic

MAyers
by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:17 AM

i dont see a problem but call the bride since it's her day not our's and see if it's ok w/ her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)