Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you or have you ever

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:54 AM
  • 13 Replies

has anybody ever been unhappy a day or two after getting their air done and went back and had it fixed....

i went monday and had highlights and a cut...took 2 1/2 hrs and was over 100 im just not sure if i am  100% happy with it and called and made an apt again for this  monday to have the highligts re done....am i a total bi*** ....i mean i feel bad but i paid the money to have it done right....i did tell her what i wanted done and when she was done it was ok..but i just cant get used to it

by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BEXi
by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:55 AM

If thats what you requested, then I think its not the hairdressers fault you dont like it. It always takes me a week or so to get used to a new cut and figure out different things I can do with it.

KGeist86
by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:56 AM

I have done it. No biggy. they are there to do it the way YOU want it! If they don't do their job, get it fixed for free, or never go back there.

fairyshyone
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2009 at 11:57 AM

Heck no, I think you should like your hair with the price your paying. I went in one time for some lowlights and hightlights and came out with huge blond chunks in the front of my hair. I have never had blond hair and that was all you could see. I was up all night cleaning off my anger and first thing in the morning I was back. I told the girl she had to fix it, it was not what I wanted and I hated it. She was really nice about it and fixed it, no charge to me. BTW she knew I hated it when I left, she told me to sleep on it and see if I liked it better when I woke up.

"Worry  looks around, sorry looks back, Faith looks up."
Sweetestgirl79
by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:04 PM

its what i requested cut wise but the color just didnt come out like i thought it would..and i know nothing can be perfect i just want it lighter ..here a pic ...i just dont know if it will look funny lighter

Quoting BEXi:

If thats what you requested, then I think its not the hairdressers fault you dont like it. It always takes me a week or so to get used to a new cut and figure out different things I can do with it.

zoeysmom331
by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:11 PM

If its what you requested and you don't like it, I think you should be charged again. But if its not what you asked for, then I think they should fix it no charge.

But it sounds like its what you asked for and decided you didn't like it. I think its pretty though.

Quoting Sweetestgirl79:

its what i requested cut wise but the color just didnt come out like i thought it would..and i know nothing can be perfect i just want it lighter ..here a pic ...i just dont know if it will look funny lighter

Quoting BEXi:

Sweetestgirl79
by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:37 PM

the highlighst isnt what i asked for ,,,i had asked for a lighter blonde ...im not to worried about being charged again...i was just wondering if i seem bitch asking for her to fix it...i just dont want to be rude

Quoting zoeysmom331:

If its what you requested and you don't like it, I think you should be charged again. But if its not what you asked for, then I think they should fix it no charge.

But it sounds like its what you asked for and decided you didn't like it. I think its pretty though.

Quoting Sweetestgirl79:

Quoting BEXi:

mommyof2grls06
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2009 at 12:41 PM

If you paid that much you should've gotten exactly what you paid for. I've had that happen before, but the lady screwed up the cut horribly so there was nothing she could do.

Proud Marine Wife

A proud natural childbirth having, breastfeeding, baby wearing, attachment parenting, spanking when needed, ANTI- CIO, co-sleeping mommy.

gorillamom
by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:44 PM

sometimes it's hard to get dark hair light without burning it. my daughter does my hair and it costs me $10 for the high lights and i love it everytime!! no, you are not a bitch for asking for it to be redone. it wasn't what you asked for and if it's lighter that you want, then they should have done that to begin with. i think your hair looks great! i'm going short this summer (i think) i'm kinda scared! i've had long hair for the past few years. it just takes so long to color and tint.

fcangel9
by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:51 PM

I had this problem 2 weeks ago.  I had my hair dyed blonde, but it wasnt the right blonde for me.  So i went back 3 days later and had her lighten it.  It didnt damage my hair too bad, she gave me some special shampoo by paul mitchell for color care, and i baught some paul mitchell frizz serum and shine ge (these have really saved my hair).   If you want heavier highlights ask her to do them tightly.  But if you feel like your hair will be over processed, invest in the shampoo and the frizz and shine gel.

mom_n_more
by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:53 PM

This happens occasionally with hairdressers.  Sometimes you just can't know for sure how a color will turn out on someone's hair.  I would maybe explain that she did a great job (it does look very cute-and looks well done) but it just didn't get quite light enough.  If you are polite and understanding about it, I'm sure the girl won't be too put out and will be happy to lighten it a little more.  You could maybe discuss a discount or a coupon for a touch-up at a later date.  It sounds like it was just one of those things that can happen without it being anyone's fault.  But you did pay a lot of money for it to be the way you wanted. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)