Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I dont know what to do or think at this time. Help!!

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:49 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hi i am a mom of one aborable lil man...he is 9 months old now. I am 12 weeks pregnant. I went to the doc yesterday to hear the babys heart beat for the first time. Well they could not find it at all. The doc said that it was ok but she is worried so she wants me to come back in 2 weeks because we could not hear the heart beat and i am not gainning enough weight and im loosin it to fast and to much. All i can think of is that there is something really wrong. I cant eat sleep all i do is cry because im so worried. I have been doing nothing but holding my son and saying how much i am so happy he is in my life and all he does is kiss me and i love it :) So what can i do to try to keep my mind off this. I have prayed so hard. Thank you for your help!!

by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
squidsmommy
by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:53 PM

Stress is only going to make you feel worse. I went to the doctor today. I'm 11 weeks and 3 days. My doctor couldn't find the heart beat also, which doesn't worry me because it's still early. With my daughter, the doctor had a hard time finding the heart beat for a long time because the placenta was in the way. Did you hear the whooshing of the placenta? If so, you know that there's blood supply going there and that that's happening for a reason. If you're overly concerned, ask your doctor if you can have an internal ultrasound.

bellydancer7308
by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:57 PM

I'm so sorry you are going through this.  Tell the doc to get you in again NOW!  Whether something is wrong or not its not helping the baby for you to be that stressed.  I'm not saying you shouldn't b worried but if the dr can see you again so you can at least hear baby's heartbeat then you will be a little less stressed.  I dont know if it helps but I lost 15 pounds in the first trimester and my lil guy came out weighing a healthy 8lb14oz.  I really hope that you and your baby are very healthy and I will keep you both in my prayers.

SassyStep-mom

Worrying is the worst thing Mama! Just relax I know it's hard but try to keep busy wth the baby and keep positive thoughts. We can't control the outcome of things that happen in our life so unil you know for sure there is no point in worrying and making yourself stressed out!

Big Hugs!

Tayy26

Dont stress! Just enjoy your little man and try not to think about it, everything will be fine! Stress will only make things worse!

Mom2princessq
by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:00 PM

I had the same thing happen to me... Just try to relax I'll be thinking of you and the little one....

WendyJR
by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:01 PM

when i was first pregnant with my ds i lost weight too.  i was just sick to my stomach all the time and the only thing i could really eat was applesauce and dry toast.  I also went around the same time that you did to hear the heart beat.  They couldnt' find it so my Doc sent me for an ultra sound and everything was fine.  GL mamma.  Just take a deep breath and pray some more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)