Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it rude?

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:08 PM
  • 26 Replies

Is it rude to tell parents that their child smells bad and always does?

by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fun_mommyof3
by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:09 PM

I'd have to say....yes.

Aamy
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2009 at 1:10 PM

Saying it that way ... yes its rude. You should find a better way to phrase it.

BEXi
by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:10 PM

Well if you say it like "hey your child always ranks" then thats intentionally rude. You can tell them their child smells bad without meaning to be rude about it.. not sure exactly what I would say, because no matter how you go about it it can always come off a little offensive depending on who the parents are.

fcangel9
by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:12 PM

Ive watched some pretty smelly kids before... i have yet to think of a nice way to tell people.  So usually i just wipe them down with scented baby wipes... but if you dont have that option, i dont know what to tell ya :-)

squidsmommy
by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:13 PM

Obviously I know that there are tasteful ways to say something like that, but on here I didn't want to beat around the bush and candy coat the situation. The child stinks up my house every time he's here. I'm not an intentionally rude person and I'm not stupid. I know that if I flat out told them, that wouldn't be nice.

inwonderland888
by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:14 PM

Nah... I dont think so. If someone stinks then they stink. Theres nothing wrong w/ informing them or there parental figures!

fcangel9
by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:15 PM

its starting to warm up outside... let them play in the water and give them colored soap to play with. 

ksinclair
by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:17 PM

I would find a TACTFUL way to tell them.  It would also largely depend on the age of the child and the cause of the smell.  Do they have a medical problem with overactive sweat glands, do they have bad breath & have a problem that needs to be taken a look at by the dentist, do they have smelly feet cause Mom has them wear the same socks for 3 days in a row, etc....  I would check out the facts to the best of my ability before I opened my mouth.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
kandibaby1030
by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:18 PM

lol genius!

Quoting fcangel9:

its starting to warm up outside... let them play in the water and give them colored soap to play with. 

christina0607
by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:23 PM

Theres a little boy n the neighborhood who always smells. I don't let him in the house anymore. I implemented a new rule, no more friends in the house at all. They can play outside.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)