Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Now what do I do? Should I even ask?

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:58 PM
  • 7 Replies

A few days ago my husband was talking about not knowing what to do for Mother's Day. Then he goes, "I know what I'll do, I'll give you some money so you can get out of this house..maybe meet up with your sister for a movie or dinner". I said, 'thanks but no thanks I would rather spend my day with my husband."

Well, my Dad just called and asked if I wanted to go fishing with him. He said, "I'm going to be honest, I didn't even think about it being Mother's Day so I called Joe (my husband) and asked him if he wanted to go and he said, 'I'd love to but I'm going to spend the day with Brandee (me)'. I thought that was really sweet.

Now onto my question, I REALLY want to go fishing. I LOVE LOVE fishing and I have not been able to go in 2 yrs and my Dad has a new boat we will be taking out and it will be my first time on it. I don't know if I should go though b/c of what my husband said to my Dad about spending the day with me, however a few days ago he said I could get out of the house if I wanted to. I just kinda feel guilty now though b/c my husband turned down fishing to spend the day with me and then I'm going to go fishing and leave him alone. Argh...what to do what to do....

What would YOU do?

I'm a SAHM to 4 children, Mommy to Irish Twins, married to my best friend, breastfeeding, circumsizing, anti CIO, spanking when needed, kids don't get away with much, NIP and don't care what you see b/c my child has a right to eat, keep a clean house, non husband bashing, LOVE to laugh, smart ass kind of Mommy. Nice to meet you.

"Natural feeding is the duty of every
mother and the birthright of every child"

"While breastfeeding may not seem the right choice for every parent, it is the best choice for every baby." ~Amy Spangler

by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
SouthALMommy
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:10 PM

So the offer's off the table for your hubby to go? I'm a little lost. I mean even if you went fishing, if he went with you then you'd be spending the day together.

I am a stay at home, breast feeding, kisses and hugs giving, chubby baby loving, happily married, co-sleeping, attachment parenting, anti-CIO, vaxing, disposable diaper using, PCOS having, baby wearing, sale item buying, in college mommy who believes in and trusts THE TRINITY (Father, Son, Holy Spirit).

fcangel9
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:13 PM

just tell your husband you want to spend the day with him and your dad on the boat.  just tell him thats what you really want for mothers day.  its your day, you are supposed to get what you want :-P

peepszaya
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:16 PM

Thats what I would do!

Quoting fcangel9:

just tell your husband you want to spend the day with him and your dad on the boat.  just tell him thats what you really want for mothers day.  its your day, you are supposed to get what you want :-P

dd072175
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:16 PM

I think you should all go, and have a great day. Maybe pack a picnic lunch or something?

Schleetle
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:17 PM

I agree with the other ladies just tell your DH that you would love for both of you to go.

Pregnancy Ticker

girls2to9
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:20 PM

I agree.  Tell your husband that your dad told you about the fishing trip and that you want to spend the day with him(your hubby) but was wondering if he would like to go fishing together with your dad.  Tell him that you know you'd both like to go fishing and try out the new boat, and that as long as you are together that's what you really wanted so it sounds like a great plan to you:)

sexeegyrl
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:24 PM

See though, we can't both go. We have 4 children ages 8, 6, 18 months, and 8 months and he would have to stay and keep the babies while I was on the water. My Dad said we would be back around 1-2 pm, so I think I might go. It will give me a well deserved and needed break from being a SAHM of 4 children and also give me time to spend with my husband and kids.

Thanks girls

I'm a SAHM to 4 children, Mommy to Irish Twins, married to my best friend, breastfeeding, circumsizing, anti CIO, spanking when needed, kids don't get away with much, NIP and don't care what you see b/c my child has a right to eat, keep a clean house, non husband bashing, LOVE to laugh, smart ass kind of Mommy. Nice to meet you.

"Natural feeding is the duty of every
mother and the birthright of every child"

"While breastfeeding may not seem the right choice for every parent, it is the best choice for every baby." ~Amy Spangler

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)