Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what would you do?

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:26 PM
  • 4 Replies

My dh and I both work full time. I have a private sitter for my dd, who just turned 3. The sitter also picks up my son from school 3-4 days a week and watches him until I get off work, roughly 2 hours a day. I pay her $130.00 a week.

Well, my dh got laid off this week, and I don't know what to do! I'm the only person she sits for, and feel awful taking $ away from her. (and we're friends, she's just not the babysitter!) She purposely didn't go back to work after her baby to sit for me. But I can't afford to pay her to watch my kid when my dh will be home!

What would you do? Take your kid and pay her anyhow? Or just explain you're sorry and you can't afford to pay her while dh is off?

by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
TalaziaMae
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:28 PM

If you still want to help her out maybe she can still watch them, maybe a few hours a day, less time, less pay, while your DH goes out and looks for another job and hopefully he gets one quickly?

AKazz
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:30 PM

Quoting TalaziaMae:

If you still want to help her out maybe she can still watch them, maybe a few hours a day, less time, less pay, while your DH goes out and looks for another job and hopefully he gets one quickly?

that's what i was thinking of doing...hopefully he gets called back soon!!!!!!!!!!!

samanthashake
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:35 PM

That sounds like a good idea. As long as you still have enough money to keep paying her, even if it is less. If you don't then I would just let her know that you can't afford it but as soon as your husband gets a job you can let her watch your kids again, as long as she doesn't have another job by then. But who knows with this economy if her family can afford to pay for everything without her bringing in money.

Quoting AKazz:

Quoting TalaziaMae:

that's what i was thinking of doing...hopefully he gets called back soon!!!!!!!!!!!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Hannabelles_Mom
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:55 PM

Tell her the truth then tell her when you get back on your feet again, she can sit for them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)