Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Clothing Sizes

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:56 PM
  • 7 Replies

I kust took my daughter to the doctors yesterday.  She is ninne weeks old.  I was wondering what size clothes she should be wearing from Carter's.  She is 11lbs. 10oz. and 23in. long.  The 3 month size says 8-12.5lbs. and 21.5-24in. which she is close to and the six moth size says 12.5-16.5lbs and 24-26.5 in.  I am afraid to buy the 3month size for fear that she will not be able to wear them that long.  What do you guys think I should buy?

by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
zoeysmom331
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:59 PM

you can't always go by weight. sometimes you have to just go by what fits. I would try the bigger size, she'll grow faster than you think.

For example, DD's diapers said up to a certain weight. But I had to go up a size because she had big thighs, and the size that SHOULD have fit cut into them so bad she would get red marks.

bluemist246
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:59 PM

always buy the bigger size! i had so many cute outfits my son only wore one time!

Bleesed Be

pambayens
by on May. 8, 2009 at 3:00 PM

I would say buy a few 3 months and the rest in 6 months because the 3 months clothes might fit her better in areas the 6 months don't.

Pamheart-1.gif picture by Falarine

Mom2princessq
by on May. 8, 2009 at 3:08 PM

I agree with the other ladies.. Buy bigger.... My daughter is 2 and I buy her 3t's and some 24months in pants cuz 3t's are too long for her...

MinnickBabyMama
by on May. 8, 2009 at 3:22 PM

the larger size cause it won't take very long for her to gain that 1 pound and you usually can't go by age but my weight. my son was 10 months old and needed 2T sized clothes because of his weight before he plateaud in his weight and finally grew taller to balance it out

Emmy217
by on May. 8, 2009 at 3:28 PM

It really depends on the child. Everyone told me not to buy too many of one size, they grow out of it so fast. My daughter was born in Janurary. We had lots of 0-3 month winter clothes and TONS of 6 month summer dresses (she would be 6 months in july..perfect!)

Well, we ended up having to go out and buy all new 0-3 summer clothes because she was still so tiny through the summer. She is now 16 months old and will be wearing those 6 month dressed this summer. She wears mostly 6-9 month clothes still. She's a shrimpy little girl. SO really, I listened to the advice everyone gave me but it didn't really work. You just kinda have to take it a step at a time...I wouldn't recomend buying too much in advance!

goldd_e_loxx
by on May. 8, 2009 at 3:30 PM

I find that Carter's brand runs a little on the large size.  My little girl is 8 months old and still wears the 3-6 month size...and has room to spare!  She weighs about 16 pounds.  Also remember that some stuff might shrink a little in the dryer.  I would try buying one 3 month outfit to see how it fits, then decide from there.  You can always exchange it for the larger size if it is too small! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)