Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do you deal with mommy insecurities

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 5:40 PM
  • 2 Replies

i feel terrible about no longer breastfeeding my 4 month old, she is healthy and growing according to the doctor, but my body has a hard time keeping up with everything so after her grandma insisted on giving her a bottle when she came over(very often...) it eventually snowballed into a formula only thing because i dried up 2x and it was wrecking my emotional and physical health she liked it better anyways

but now she loves fruits and vegetables and she cries for the real food everyday she still has a bottle but the doctor said she shouldn't be eating foods like that yet and i am having a million and one "bad mommie moments" about it

i was just wondering how everyone else deals with the issues of ideal life versus real life

by on May. 8, 2009 at 5:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
WendyJR
by on May. 8, 2009 at 6:53 PM

give her the fruits and veggies if she likes them and can tolerate them.  My ped said i could start DS on baby food at 4 months, she should be fine.  I only got to breastfeed my DS for 3 months because my supply couldn't keep up and i couldn't pump either so don't feel bad about the formula a lot of moms have to do it.  As long as she's happy and healthy you're  success as a mommy.  DOn't let that stuff bring you down. 

Ilovefireworks
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:59 PM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)