Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to talk to her

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 6:08 PM
  • 5 Replies

Okay a little backround first. My mom was very abusive and an alcohlic and she was always cheating on my dad> Well that led to me being a bad kid ya know getting into drugs and alcohol...my dad decided to send me to treatment when i got out(i was 17 then) my mom was gone.My dad said she left a couple of months after i went to treatment. She call on and off then but i have never seen her scine then. Then she quit calling. The last time i heard from her was when DS was 2 months old.

What i need help with is trying to find her. I have tried calling 411 but i have no idea where she is.The last i heard was she didn't even have a place to stay. I have tried these things on the internet but they all cost money that i don't have. I just want to know that she is alive.I miss her soo much i just want to tyalk to my mom. Any advice would be great thanx

apronironingwashing dishes

by on May. 8, 2009 at 6:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
GOBryan
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2009 at 6:15 PM

I'm so sorry to hear about your mother and problems.  Honey, if she may not want to be found.  She may not even have a license or anything to trace back to her.

I have a cousin, who's a drug addict / alcoholic.. Her kids would hear from her occasionally but there was no stability or reliability where she was concerned.  Most of the time, she lived with drug addicts, on the street or in rehab but probably more for a place to live than to actually clean up her act. 

To this day, she's around 48, looks like she's 60 and is still living on the street somewhere. Her kids are done with her. Anthony is 16 and Elizabeth is 14.. She's missed out on sooo many years..

Have you tried Rehab facilities?  It's an idea. Look around the vacinity she was last. They usually don't travel too far, especially without the means or transportation.

If I think of anything else, I'll let you know but Rehab Facilities is a start.

rissi
by on May. 8, 2009 at 6:19 PM

I had never even thot of that! it does make sense. im willing to try anything...i have even consided call the  Dr. Phil show. lol i know sounds stupid but hey...i wanna know if she's alive or dead

Quoting GOBryan:

I'm so sorry to hear about your mother and problems.  Honey, if she may not want to be found.  She may not even have a license or anything to trace back to her.

I have a cousin, who's a drug addict / alcoholic.. Her kids would hear from her occasionally but there was no stability or reliability where she was concerned.  Most of the time, she lived with drug addicts, on the street or in rehab but probably more for a place to live than to actually clean up her act. 

To this day, she's around 48, looks like she's 60 and is still living on the street somewhere. Her kids are done with her. Anthony is 16 and Elizabeth is 14.. She's missed out on sooo many years..

Have you tried Rehab facilities?  It's an idea. Look around the vacinity she was last. They usually don't travel too far, especially without the means or transportation.

If I think of anything else, I'll let you know but Rehab Facilities is a start.

giving dad giftbusy mom

GOBryan
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2009 at 6:27 PM

My cousin went into Rehab about 3 different times that I know of.. You can try those and speak with people in those places, even the patients may know her or of her, even if she's not there.

Hospitals may have treated her but due to HIPPA laws, they won't give you any information. 

Try looking her up by her maiden name rather than her married name.. Also, have you checked on places like Facebook?? Just in case she's had access to the internet?

If Dr. Phil will help, I say GO FOR IT!! Good luck.

Quoting rissi:

I had never even thot of that! it does make sense. im willing to try anything...i have even consided call the  Dr. Phil show. lol i know sounds stupid but hey...i wanna know if she's alive or dead

rissi
by on May. 8, 2009 at 6:37 PM

i think i am goin to but first i'll just check here in mt. i did however forget to mention she does have a bf, well the last i knew and they travel alot(how i ndon't know) but sh e has been anywhere from FL to CO. so i'll check everywhere eventually thanx btw

GOBryan
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2009 at 6:42 PM

Do you know the boyfriend's name?? You can do searches that way also.

Quoting rissi:

i think i am goin to but first i'll just check here in mt. i did however forget to mention she does have a bf, well the last i knew and they travel alot(how i ndon't know) but sh e has been anywhere from FL to CO. so i'll check everywhere eventually thanx btw

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)