Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Opinions Please (PIOG)

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 6:34 PM
  • 2 Replies

If you have this play structure, or your children have played on this, please tell me what you think of it for my situation.  Some reviews complained that it was smaller than they expected.

I would like to purchase a climbing structure that will be fun for a two-year-old boy, along with one-year-old twin girls.  My two-year-old is on the small side at 25 pounds and 35 inches.  This is the nicest one I can find without swings.  I do not want swings with three little ones in the yard, just my preference for safety and keeping my eyes on three.  I have other things from this company and they are easy to put together, take care of, and last forever.  Please give me honest opinions.  Price is not a consideration, as it is a gift from the grandparents.

Thanks so much for your input.

DeTora_Family.gif picture by Buddy07_L

I am a green, pro-gay-marriage, NestlĂ©-boycotting, attachment-parenting, natural-birthing, co-sleeping, non-CIO, baby/toddler-wearing, cloth-diapering, early toilet-teaching, extended-breastfeeding, delayed-vaccinating, non-spanking, hot-tempered, Irish Catholic mama of advanced maternal age to my extended rear-facing Italian bambino.  You do not have to agree, but that is me.  Nice to meet you :)

Raising Rocco Blog

by on May. 8, 2009 at 6:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Mom2princessq
by on May. 8, 2009 at 7:13 PM

I just want to say I love Step 2 whenever I can I buy them for my DD..
The Naturally Playful Clubhouse Climber is the best money we have spent as far as toys is concerned..

We just got one of these for my DD's 2nd birthday... She loves it!! It took my hubby maybe 2 hours to put it together.. From box to the finished product... The only thing I don't like about it is that my DD has to duck a bit to get into the arched doorway, but once she inside she has tons of head room... It's a great investment and it can take a beating.. We live in CO and it stays outside...  Next winter I plan on bringing it in the house... My hubby thinks I'm nuts.. lol

DeTora_Family
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:51 PM

Thank you so much for your input.  I agree that the Step2 products are great.  I don't think you're crazy to bring in indoors.  We live in California and I set up a Step2 playhouse and small climber with a slide for my son when he was about 10 months old at the end of October. What is a 10-to-14-month-old going to do outside in the mud?  He was just starting to walk and it was the perfect indoor set up.  I love that walk-in kitchen and they have free shipping on that right now. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)