Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

diaper rash?

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:36 PM
  • 6 Replies

My daughter has had some diarrhea, and now her poor little bottom is so sore. Any suggestions on helping her feel better and how to help this rash? Thanks in advance

Carrie Ann kiss mini

by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MommyOnLI
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:44 PM

TRIPLE PASTE

use warm water and a soft cloth to wipe her bum

do NOT use WIPES

keep her bum naked as long as possible if you can

pat dry

chrissy8907
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:46 PM

I use butt paste because desitin (sp?) seems to burn her and make sure her bottom is dry before putting it on hope she feels better my daughter is going threw it too but i think she's teething =)

momoftwo0720
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:51 PM

Is she teething? Teething will do that. Just make sure you change her right away and DON'T use wipes on her. Just any good diaper rash med. will work. Good luck.

Rosesandlilys
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:56 PM

Neosporin plus pain releif, with Johnson&Johnson diaper rash cream over it, and a little powder on top of that. DO NOT use baby wipes to wipe her, use a cloth with some warm water and a TINY bit of baby wash, and let her air dry for a few minutes after you wipe her off. And you should go to the store and get some malox. Take the malox and put it on your fingers and pat it right on her bum. It works like a stinkin charm! Cured my sons rash in less than one day, and his was bleeding! Make sure you leet the malox dry before you put the dipaer back on tho, otherwise it does no good lol.

Want a name that sparkles? Click mine!

tyfry7496
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:58 PM

Aquaphor or Lotrimin AF work really well. I hated Desitin. A & D OIntment works good too. Use warm wet washcloths instead of wipes until her bottom heals. Depending on her age and mobility, let her lay around on an old blanket without a diaper, the air really helps. 

cheybugs08
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:59 PM

do you mean malox like for hearburn or are you talking about something else?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)