Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is it really any different? *POLL

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:46 PM
  • 50 Replies

Poll

Question: do you splurge on laundry detergent?

Options:

yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 121

View Results

i use a $3.50 laundry detergent on our regular clothes called Xtra and it smells really nice. that $3.50 bottle is for something like 52 loads. well. im ALWAYS tempted by the gain/tide section at the grocery store because i have never spent the rediculous amount of money they want for that stuff and im not sure if im missing anything. i always see the gain commercials and think, "what if my clothes smelled good when i pulled them out of the drawer. what if ppl smelled my clothes at work and though i smelled really good" yada yada. now my question is, before i spend $10 on the same amount of detergent i usually get for $3.50...is there a difference? i mean. my clothes are clean either way.

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ethansmom85
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:47 PM

nah...i go with the brand names if they are on sale....other wise...i dont do the super cheap...im afraid ill break out in a rash lol but I dont do expensive...

middle of the road works.

CODYSMOM_00
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:48 PM

i use arm and hammer, its cheap and does a great job. just as good as tide.

MommyOnLI
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:49 PM

i don't consider it splurging, bc no name brands tend to be harsher on my skin... for some reason i tried the no name brands and i broke out in a rash... so i use tide/Gain/ALL and havent had a rash since that one incident

comptonkids
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2009 at 9:51 PM

we buy whatever is the cheapest for the amount of loads....i try to buy the largest amount, but sometimes money is too tight, so we buy what we can afford..either way i compare each 'brand' and how many loads they say they do, and i buy the cheapest one with the most amount of loads

did that make sense? edit to add: the brand we use the most is SUN as its been the cheapest

2cuteboysrmine
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:52 PM
arm and hammer....

im allergic to tide and gain,

i also like dynamo.. its awsome!!!
ksmommyof4

We use Purex which is like $5-$8 dollars.I have never bought any of the other ones like Tide.

behappilyever

i can't use tide because it breaks me out. the first time i ever spent the night at my husbands place i wore one of his t-shirts and the next day i woke up a big bubbly red mess. it was very embarassing... he said "well i guess we can't do THAT again" referring to me being allergic to him. lol now we just use purex

"Happiness is not the absence of problems, it's the ability to deal with them."

nikkiJ86
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:53 PM

To me,there is no difference.I'm like you.I use Xtra too.Or Purex.I have tried the name brand and I felt it was a waste of money since I don't have sensitive skin and can use the cheap stuff.

kristyann

sorry, I'm a gain girl. But I only pay $5 a bottle at walmart. Plus I have a high efficiency washer (HE). So I only need to use about half of what they say to use. And I love the Apple Mango scent.

Isabellas2006

We buy Gain powder. 80 loads for $10 at Walmart. I love Gain.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)