Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH says to ask the peanut gallery lol WWYD! poll added

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:06 PM
  • 16 Replies

Poll

Question: What would you do?

Options:

Stay in the big room

Take the little room

Other because there always is

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 28

View Results

So we have a bit of a dilema with our bedroom situation. Our bedroom is small (to say the least) but the kids bedroom is only 8x9! I asked him what he thought about us taking their room and them getting ours (its about 11x12). He says he doesnt care but I'm not so sure. They just have so much more stuff than us. We've got a bed, dresser, and night stand. They've got a twin bed, toddler bed, Kota the triceratops, trikes, and a million other toy from the great grand parents as well as enough clothing for the next 2 years for the BOTH of them!

What would you do? Deal with the cramped kiddie quarters because adults are supposed to have the biggest room or let them have more room to play?

by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kristyann
by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:09 PM

If neither one of you has a problem with it, then I say go for it and switch. Let the kids have the room to play. Good Luck!

mymichelle2002
by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:10 PM

Put a bunkbed in there. Shelves in the closet, and bins under the bed.

sk_tennyson
by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:11 PM

For a 2 year old and a 3 month old? lol

Quoting mymichelle2002:

Put a bunkbed in there. Shelves in the closet, and bins under the bed.

christina0607
by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:13 PM

I would stay in the big room and clean their room of all the excess toys. If their room is already stuffed, you will just over stuff the bigger room too.

kayla4507
by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:15 PM

sounds like my house lol.. and were switching rooms when we have the time to take all three beds apart lol.. i dont want the tinyness of the boys room but theyre in theyre room more than we are so i decided they should have the bigger one..

NewMom333
by Member on May. 8, 2009 at 10:17 PM

Hmmm, thats a toughy. Do you and your hubby spend a lot of time in your room or in the common area? And do your children spend more time in their room or the main living area when they play and stuff. If your anything like my hubby and i we definitly spend a great deal of time in our room and we need that 'us' time and space. And our LO is still really small but he is usually playing in the main area so we dont feel bad giving him the smaller space. I would do a comparason and then choose.

sk_tennyson
by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:17 PM

We have. He has Kota the triceratops who is like his best friend and a diego trike. Everything else is underneath the twin bed in baskets. There just isnt enough floor space to play and it all comes out to the living room.

Quoting christina0607:

I would stay in the big room and clean their room of all the excess toys. If their room is already stuffed, you will just over stuff the bigger room too.

sk_tennyson
by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:19 PM

No we spend most of our time in the kitchen/dining area actually. We only sleep and fold cloths in our bedroom. Alex doesnt have the room to play in there so that's why I thought it would be better if the kids had the bigger room.

Quoting NewMom333:

Hmmm, thats a toughy. Do you and your hubby spend a lot of time in your room or in the common area? And do your children spend more time in their room or the main living area when they play and stuff. If your anything like my hubby and i we definitly spend a great deal of time in our room and we need that 'us' time and space. And our LO is still really small but he is usually playing in the main area so we dont feel bad giving him the smaller space. I would do a comparason and then choose.

comptonkids
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2009 at 10:20 PM

im assuming you dont have any other place for the kids toys? i would give the kids the big room then

when we were living in a 2 bed, we had most of the toys in the living room(it was HUGE) now we are in a 3 bed, and i have the girls in a really small room, and thier toys in the bigger room(their room consists of a crib, a futon folded out, a desk for our diaper area(no i dont change her on that, it holds the diapers, wipes, and humidifier) and the glider/ottoman) they have so many toys, it would have looked cramped in the smaller room. oh and i use the closet in the play room for the kids clothes, because the onlly place the glider fits is at the end of the futon, against the closet in that room

StarsChildren
by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:20 PM

i'd let them have the room. hell, if it was the couch/floor for me, and it meant my kids having a bedroom/bed and so on, i'd take the floor and give the kids the room even. but thats just me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)