Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1st Birthday Question.

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:34 PM
  • 7 Replies

Okay so I have to let the hall that I rented out for Kaylees party know how long I need it for. So heres the thing... Her bday party will be May 30th, at 2:00, so the night before, (friday) they'll let us come in and decorate it all and then Saturday morning I can come in and get the food ready, ect. They have a kitchen too. They also said that the prep + cleanup isnt charged, and basically they dont book the place to anyone else that day.

Anyways, I have only been to a few 1st Birthdays and I really dont know how long to make it for. Im debating between 2 and 3 hours. For 2 hours it will cost 100 and for 3 hours it will cost 150. Im just having cake, icecream, food, & let her open presents and eat her smash cake. Nothing special, just close friends and family.... but it will be around 50-60 people. I know my babyshower had around 60ish and it felt like it took forever to open all of the gifts. So I figured it will take Kaylee even longer.

Hmmm... Help me out? lol.

Also, any advice/tips would be great. Were having a Backyardigans party, her favorite. I am so excited.

by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
luv_tito
by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:37 PM

I would shoot for the extra hour...so you dont feel like your rushing. btw my sons 1st bday party is tomorrow; thats what attracted me to your post. I am super excited also! good luck :)

ZombieBroad
by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:38 PM
my dd party was an hour and 15 minutes at an indoor amusement things called ITZ and it was too short. not by a lot but we had a pinata and stuff and had to do that all in a hurry. plus everyone was 20 minutes late so i think 2 hrs is plenty.

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

emarin77
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2009 at 11:07 AM

3 hours is perfect you, your child, and your many guests,  if it was just a kids party, two hours would be sufficient

Janis198
by on May. 9, 2009 at 11:11 AM

Since this is a 1st b-day party it is really more for other people, so, I would do the 3 hours, but don't be surprised if your little one sleeps throught it or starts to cry half way though it.

Janis mommy to 5 great kids

bouncing momfamily in the vanttc

jlsmith1862
by on May. 9, 2009 at 11:17 AM

I say 3 hours. That way you don't feel rushed at all. I set my son's for 2 hours and yeah, I felt rushed. Also, with clean up time on the little ones with the cake.....you need the little extra. BTW, I recommend presents before the "smash cake." Easier to clean up the little one at the end rather than in the middle.

3boysaremine
by on May. 9, 2009 at 7:53 PM

I just had my little one's first bday.  He did not open presents with the guests here.  He wasn't even interested.  All he wanted was the boxes.  You can save time that way by just bringing the wrapped gifts home.  3 hours should be way more than enough.

luv_tito
by on May. 10, 2009 at 8:40 PM

Quoting luv_tito:

I would shoot for the extra hour...so you dont feel like your rushing. btw my sons 1st bday party is tomorrow; thats what attracted me to your post. I am super excited also! good luck :)

So I just had his 1st bday party yesterday and I was right, shoot for that extra bit of time so your not rushing! btw it went great.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)